Notices

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Prague - Czech Republic
Originally Posted by dfinch View Post
I disabled autolock and it has not given a problem with insom mode or shutdown over night. Of course the settings are not available still. BTW what is the nealy black box on the upper left of the settings screen? It looks a bit like a big fingerprint.
I don't know what exactly it is ... But it makes the same thing like pushing the Fullscreen button. You just have to Click in the Black center.

About your problem with Settings and Alarm:

This is the main screen on FlipClock ...
Focus on that two Arrows (Olive Green) in the center of the clock ... When you move your finger or stylus from bottom to top Arrow (Like you want to drag the screen) you will switch the screen into Settings and Alarm Page

And that's all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shark NX For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I had never seen the lower screen before. Now I can slide the alarm on but nothing goes off. I selected an MP3 from my mini SD card - presumably this is ok even tho it said not supported? BTW, where are the default ring tone(s)? - I should have remembered the folder.

BTW I have an AM/PM slider where you have a grey box.

Also, only one day was red until I touched it and they are all red now as your screenshot.

I'd love the color scheme to cycle through the colors with corner light on and then off. I like the green but w/o the LED on. Can this be achieved?

Lastly, what is the point of your screen one? It seems almost the same as your third screen except instead of an alarm clock set there is a fringe pattern?

This is a great application - destined to become one of my most used along with autolock (opops, I had to disable that for flipclock).

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by LABAUDIO View Post
I'am curious to know finaly what is the pattern and all code related to blinking led when the application is launched?

T
up!
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
ok ok guys i'll reply to everything tomorrow, just been swamped at work and haven't had time... don't worry lab, you're at the top of the list!

dfinch, yea I suddenly realized you were on the wrong screen, which is why the buttons don't work.... that screen is the old 'window mode' that hasn't been updated yet... anyways proper screen is where u found it down below as pointed out! i'll reply more tomorrow! thanks all!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Prague - Czech Republic
Originally Posted by dfinch View Post
Thanks, I had never seen the lower screen before. Now I can slide the alarm on but nothing goes off. I selected an MP3 from my mini SD card - presumably this is ok even tho it said not supported? BTW, where are the default ring tone(s)? - I should have remembered the folder.

BTW I have an AM/PM slider where you have a grey box.

Also, only one day was red until I touched it and they are all red now as your screenshot.

I'd love the color scheme to cycle through the colors with corner light on and then off. I like the green but w/o the LED on. Can this be achieved?

Lastly, what is the point of your screen one? It seems almost the same as your third screen except instead of an alarm clock set there is a fringe pattern?

This is a great application - destined to become one of my most used along with autolock (opops, I had to disable that for flipclock).
AM PM Slider is there only when you use 12Hour Mode. I Preffer 24Hour Mode

RED Squares indicates Alarm. When you Click on Monday and Switch Alarm ON it will change color to Green.

The colored glow is only for indication ... Which color is choosed and it's dark when you choose default one (Blue)

I think that the 1st screen is some kind of Old Config screen ... It was replaced and now it's disabled

Yeah i stareted to using it like my Alarm Clock ... It's just Great.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shark NX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
ok ok guys i'll reply to everything tomorrow, just been swamped at work and haven't had time... don't worry lab, you're at the top of the list!

dfinch, yea I suddenly realized you were on the wrong screen, which is why the buttons don't work.... that screen is the old 'window mode' that hasn't been updated yet... anyways proper screen is where u found it down below as pointed out! i'll reply more tomorrow! thanks all!
Thanks and don't stress!. I appreciate it when anyone has time to do anything for free - us users have no rights, just wishes and hopes (and hopefully will be able to help others in some other areas).

BTW, I really like the green display. It seems like it would be good to be able to set any avaialble color to either bright or night setting (with or w/o unit's LED on).

If I can be of assistance with specific N810 testing I would be glad to help.

I wait with baited breath.....

Cheers!

Shark NX, thanks for helping to clarify things. One of the main problems with the app right now is that there's no clear documentation/indication of how to use the thing to get to the various settings/etc! That's still a work in progress of course! But yea, to clarify:

The "window mode" which is the screen with the odd "fingerprint dealie" was there originally as a copy of the settings screen (the one that has the alarm times/etc on it), from way back when Ciro first built the app. I took over development, added a whole ton of new features and settings to the "Settings" screen, and never bothered to update the "window mode" since it didn't make sense to have two screens to do the same thing. The plan is to replace that "window mode" screen with just a smaller version of the main clock display so that you can leave it running without having to have it in full screen mode if you want, but that's tied in with the rest of the UI overhaul that I'm in the middle of right now, so it's kind of having to wait until everything's done. So for the moment, that "window mode" is just there so that you can check the status bar/etc without having to exit the app; don't expect any functionality out of it!

The alarm "settings" screen is where all the goodness is at right now. You should be able to press on any of the "day of the week" buttons on the bottom left, and a little rectangle will appear around that day indicating that you've selected it. The rest of the screen will update to show you the settings for the alarm for that day. If you change the time, sound file, etc then the settings are automatically saved/applied as soon as you either A) select another day or B) drag back up to the main clock screen. You will see a gray "one moment " screen to indicate that the settings are being saved/applied. Any day that has an alarm enabled for it will be a green box, any day with the alarm disabled will be red. Turning alarms on and off does not delete their settings, it just makes it so the alarm doesn't ring that day.

Alarms are set on a weekly basis. That is, if you set an alarm for Monday at 8:00am, it will go off every monday at 8:00am. If Flipclock is not open at the time of the alarm, it will automatically launch and play the alarm for you.

I selected an MP3 from my mini SD card - presumably this is ok even tho it said not supported? BTW, where are the default ring tone(s)? - I should have remembered the folder.
Ummm, who ever said "MP3 from mini SD card not supported"? ;-) All I've said is that I make no guarantee that all Mp3 files will work ;-) All the ones I've tried have, but the gstreamer code that I built to play the sound might not be perfect, so perhaps there are some files out there that don't work. In any case the safe bet is to use one of the sample ones that comes in the "My Audio clips" directory on the tablets (I'll never be able to listen to the first 30 seconds of that dang Moby song again without thinking "must hit snooze button!"). There is an alarm sound included with the app, but it's really not very pleasant and I don't recommend it unless you really really like it...

I've only got an N800 so I don't get the fancy LED stuff you guys do, but this should be easy enough to accomplish (if you're feeling adventurous you can try to manipulate the code yourself, just ask how and I'll give you the pointers). The long term goal is to expand the settings screen to have more options, including some LED controls.

BTW, I really like the green display. It seems like it would be good to be able to set any avaialble color to either bright or night setting (with or w/o unit's LED on).
Well the night is easy to do because it's a colour underlay, but the regular flip screen has actual coloured PNGs that correspond to the colour choices (I believe Ciro based them off the possible LED colours on the N810); anyways probably doable but just haven't had time to get a nice colour chooser thing in there, and it didn't seem like a huge priority. If you're really desperate to change some colours or add your own you can try messing around in the ci_init file... line 227 on mine here has all the mood stuff:

Code:
moods = [{"name":"Off","image":pygame.image.load(path + "m_0.png"), "color":(0,0,0), "nightColor":(0,0,250)},
		 {"name":"Yellow","image":pygame.image.load(path + "m_yello.png"), "color":(250,125,0), "nightColor":(250,200, 0)},
		 {"name":"Blue","image":pygame.image.load(path + "m_blue.png"), "color":(0,0,250), "nightColor":(0,0,250)},
		 {"name":"Red","image":pygame.image.load(path + "m_red.png"), "color":(250,0,0), "nightColor":(240,0,0)},
		 {"name":"Purple","image":pygame.image.load(path + "m_purpl.png"), "color":(250,0,125), "nightColor":(220,0,160)},
		 {"name":"Green","image":pygame.image.load(path + "m_green.png"), "color":(0, 250,0), "nightColor":(0,220,0)}]
I have no idea what effect (if any) it will have on the LED stuff, but give it a shot if you like!

And finally, since Lab has been so patient!

All the code that Ciro wrote related to controlling the LEDs is at the bottom of the ci_alarmNew.py file, beginning from the section marked
Code:
#################### OLD CODE #########################################
# Everything below this point is obsolete, it's just here temporarily
# for reference!!
#######################################################################
There's three functions there: setLED, which sets the LED to a specific colour; setLEDMode, which just determines if you control the LED or if the system does, and carnevale, which is Ciro's crazy "make the LED flash randomly" code.

Hope that helps, thanks guys keep the feedback coming!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Wow, a lot to digest! Thanks for all the pointers. I think the first thing I should resolve is no alarm sound. Everything works as you describe (thanks for the clarification on how the daily alarm boxes work) but I have no sound. I spent about 30 minutes trying various ways without sucess. I did discover that the standard clock app alarm will sound even with flipclock running so that's what I did last night. Any pointers on what I need to do to get the alarm to actually sound? Don't overlook the obvious because I might be. Yes the volume was up - anything elese?

Thanks again for all the input and work on this project.
Cheers

Derek

Any word on getting alarms to sound? Thanks.

Sorry about the delay here, I've been swamped with other things recently and not had as much time to spend on this project as I've wanted to. As far as the no sound playing goes, have you tried it with one of the default MP3s that comes pre-loaded on the tablet? Try setting the alarm for like 2 minutes ahead of the current time and then see if it actually plays and does the alarm thing.

Also try the same thing from X-term; that is, run flipclock, then set an alarm for a minute or two in the future and wait for it to go off. Once it's started/alarming then stop it by pressing the screen, exit flip, and post up the x-term output as I'm pretty sure I left the debugging stuff for the actual alarm playback in there by default.

Failing that I'll setup a backport build so that I can make some small tweaks to the existing app (the current development build is VERY different from the existing app in terms of the way the coding works) so that we can try and get things sorted out for you.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock, flip clock