Posts: 3 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Chicago
I like the via tag, personally. Really stands out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paul-c For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Offtopic:
Screw all of you guys who keep spamming **** about lancewex having to shut up and be proud of the sharing tag.
Good that you're proud of it, but why force your opinion on someone else? It makes you for an ignorant baboon and it makes you belittle lancewex, which is just plain insulting.

I know TMO is a place for healthy discussion, but it should be within reason. If you guys BADLY FEEL THE NEED TO VOICE YOUR OPINION, then either do so in a different thread or create your own thread. If you're not here to help lancewex solve his problem, then please do feel free to kick yourself in the head and walk away in shame.

Ontopic:
I am fairly certain that is not embedded into the Facebook API - the Facebook API only offers a method of communication with Facebook and I doubt they'd alter the standard API for the Nokia N9, as it could cause incompatibility issues. Besides, the application itself has to read the value (in this case "nokia n9") from somewhere, though it's probably coded into the application itself. Maybe we can alter it?
Is the source code of the application available?

I don't have a N9 and thus my ability to help is limited, but I'll give it a shot either way

Last edited by ffha; 2012-12-05 at 07:26.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by efion View Post
From what i know, since Facebook exist and Nokia had an internet phone (or vice versa ), N9 is the only phone that Made by Nokia that has unique signature on Facebook and Twitter.
"via Nokia N900" shows up when I post something over my N900's Facebook integration.

Originally Posted by ffha View Post
Ontopic:
I am fairly certain that is not embedded into the Facebook API - the Facebook API only offers a method of communication with Facebook and I doubt they'd alter the standard API for the Nokia N9, as it could cause incompatibility issues. Besides, the application itself has to read the value (in this case "nokia n9") from somewhere, though it's probably coded into the application itself. Maybe we can alter it?
Is the source code of the application available?
If you've used Sociality or the other alternative Facebook apps, it tags posts with the icon of the app.

IIRC, the "via x" is dictated by the name the app developer gave the server-side Facebook app.

Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
It happens when I choose "share this page" from the stock browser's menu, and choose Facebook. It's a nice feature (except for free advertising).
Of course it does. You're passing the page URL to the Facebook app. The Facebook app then handles posting it to Facebook.

If you don't want Facebook integrated in your posts, don't integrate the Facebook app in your workflow

Last edited by Hurrian; 2012-12-05 at 08:49.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
"via Nokia N900" shows up when I post something over my N900's Facebook integration.
If you've used Sociality or the other alternative Facebook apps, it tags posts with the icon of the app.
IIRC, the "via x" is dictated by the name the app developer gave the server-side Facebook app.
If you don't want Facebook integrated in your posts, don't integrate the Facebook app in your workflow
Quick reply...
Is it possible for the developer of the Facebook app to make the string user-definable? So that every user would decide for himself what the string contains, since it cannot be turned off completely?
[Edit]One more reason to not use Facebook: the fact that it announces to the world which application you use to post, and you cannot change the signature without creating new application. Just think: how troublesome would it be for each user to create his own unique signature, or to change it, on a whim? Facebook apps are restrictive like that - thanks to Facebook.
Thank you for http://postedvia.com/.[/Edit]
Best wishes.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2012-12-05 at 14:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
http://postedvia.com/ <- go work on that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
At least while Facebook remains free, i think we cannot complain about their advertising policy, hehe.

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

The Following User Says Thank You to Hambert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
The Facebook API Key of Nokia N9 is probably hardcoded inside the binary and/or encrypted because the API Key should not be visible to 3rd party (spammer can abuse it).

So basically this is impossible unless they put the key value outside of the binary (which is probably impossible).

The Following User Says Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
I would like to change it to "via Nokia Harmattan"

sounds cool

The Following User Says Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
I would rather keep the "N9" and strip out the "Nokia" -> posted via N9
I guess most people are still proud of their device, but not too much of Nokia anymore...

apart from that it's impossible, i guess

Last edited by Leinad; 2012-12-05 at 15:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
In terminal:

Code:
~ $ cd /usr/share/l10n/meegotouch
/usr/share/l10n/meegotouch $ ls *facebook*
There you can see the translation files. What you're looking to change is most likely in one of these files.

.qm files are usually generated from .ts files. If someone can help you find an editor that can edit directly .qml files, you're one step closer to your goal.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: