Notices

http://iphone.tvcatchup.com/ . i can test if you could add it

here is the sample

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=100000
http://84.234.23.231:1935/iphone/iphone_bbcone.sdp/playlist.m3u8?wowzasessionid=xxxx&userID=xxx&accessKey=xxxxxx&sdp=iphone_bbcone.sdp
they use http://www.wowzamedia.com/ and it has free download to try

problem is you have to be logged on to their site to strem.

Last edited by asidana; 2010-01-24 at 13:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to asidana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
was just an idea mate at work was showing off iphone and i thought i'd give it a try..but no go hence me posting on here thanks

Is it possible to add a HDD to the "add directory" page? All I get is the folders on my C: drive, but I keep my media on a different drive altogether.

I see no info about this in the Wiki, and I haven't been able to find anything about it in the little time I've had to peruse this 33-page thread.

Is there an answer posted somewhere already? It sems like I wouldn't be the first person with this problem. Thanks for any help.

ED. Never mind, I figured it out. There's a "Change directory" option that opens a window with the path you're currently in, and in there you can set a new drive letter. Not exactly intuitive, but adequate.

Last edited by oldpmaguy; 2010-02-05 at 03:05.

Well Windows drive letters aren't exactly intuitive either since there's no root folder I could use to list all available drives. And if I check the existance of d:\ for example and it happens to be an empty dvd drive, you get the annoying "Insert disc" dialogs. I bet win32-api lib has something for this, but until I can't find anything more serious to fix, that will have to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Well Windows drive letters aren't exactly intuitive either since there's no root folder I could use to list all available drives. And if I check the existance of d:\ for example and it happens to be an empty dvd drive, you get the annoying "Insert disc" dialogs.
<Start/My Computer> lists all available drives, that's a no-brainer on Windoze. But please don't get me started on "Please insert a disc into drive D:" - god that is so awful!

So anyway, are you the author of Knots2? Or porter to maemo? Or did you just write the wiki and/or this thread?

Because I want to say, I am EXTREMELY impressed with it so far. Considering my level of technical expertise, (which is much higher than your average iPhone user but abysmal when compared to most of the lLinux wonks around here), I was able to get the program functioning in a very short period of time.

And was I pleased with the results! Streaming video (from DVD ISO's no less!) anywhere in the house, with transcodes on the fly - well, that is simply impressive (we do love VLC, though, always have).

And I have one observation, which makes me especially excited. I used Knots to view a BluRay rip I have siting on my box, and it is at 720p. I was just wondering if it would lag or if the N900 screen would balk. Well, it played flawlessly.

So, has Knots figured out a way to transcend the 480 vertical barrier? It seems like it has.

The Following User Says Thank You to oldpmaguy For This Useful Post:
Thanks! Glad to get some positive feedback. Ever since I released the Windows installer this thread has basically died, so I guess it works ok But it does have some minor issues and I'll try to release a new one this weekend.

Oh, hey, my pleasure. I was seriously thinking of making a donation, that's how pleased I was (you'll have to wait until I get my job back, though ;^). But honestly, I am very impressed and I can't believe your app doesn't get a lot more buzz.

So a few Q's, does Knots support still image playback? Because then I could link it to my cache of digital photos, and we could do the whole "photo album" thing anytime we wanted to - the wife would seriously love that.

And could Knots function as a standalone media player? I have to say, all the media players for the N900 I've tried (I think all of them) are flawed in some way or another. There's NOTHING I like better than a lightweight, small-footprint media player (I'm a longtime fan of both VLC and Media Player Classic for the PC) and if Knots could function as a do-all media app for the N900, that would be fabulous.

And what about streaming internet radio? I didn't see any mention of that, but I know VLC can handle it. Any good media player should be able to do that as well, IMO.

But in all honesty, you should be shouting this whole "720p on the N900's screen" from the rooftops. You'll get a lot of happy customers if that is not just a fluke. 720/1080p BR rips are hugely popular, you can hardly even find a non-HD rip anymore.

Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
Oh, hey, my pleasure. I was seriously thinking of making a donation, that's how pleased I was (you'll have to wait until I get my job back, though ;^).
Don't feel bad, I haven't received a single donation yet

But honestly, I am very impressed and I can't believe your app doesn't get a lot more buzz.
Well it's still in -devel and not ready for primetime. And to be honest, I doubt it will ever leave -devel. Not too happy with it, but changing some design flaws is just too much work for now. And the client is basically a port from the older version and could use some rewriting.

So a few Q's, does Knots support still image playback? Because then I could link it to my cache of digital photos, and we could do the whole "photo album" thing anytime we wanted to - the wife would seriously love that.
I've thought about this, but haven't really felt the need to add it. Maybe in the future.

And could Knots function as a standalone media player? I have to say, all the media players for the N900 I've tried (I think all of them) are flawed in some way or another. There's NOTHING I like better than a lightweight, small-footprint media player (I'm a longtime fan of both VLC and Media Player Classic for the PC) and if Knots could function as a do-all media app for the N900, that would be fabulous.
There are so many media players for Maemo so I haven't felt like reinventing the wheel. Besides, it's hard to compete with Canola and MediaBox. So I'm trying to focus on streaming alone.

And what about streaming internet radio? I didn't see any mention of that, but I know VLC can handle it. Any good media player should be able to do that as well, IMO.
Well you can add custom http urls under Edit Media. If VLC can play them, they should work. Other media players can handle them directly though.

But in all honesty, you should be shouting this whole "720p on the N900's screen" from the rooftops. You'll get a lot of happy customers if that is not just a fluke. 720/1080p BR rips are hugely popular, you can hardly even find a non-HD rip anymore.
I wrote Knots for n8x0 that didn't have power to show full quality video. I never thought Knots would be popular on N900, but I guess videos are always one step ahead of mobile devices. Uses cases have changed a little though. People seem to use Knots mostly for 3G streaming and even playing hd videos on telly from a desktop if they can't attach the computer

Thanks for all the info. I just gave Knots2 a little plug in the Multimedia forum - I have actually been able to stream 1080p onto the N900 using Knots2, if you weren't already aware that that was doable (is it even possible you wouldn't have known that? It's your app, duh to me! %^)

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that at least one person was becoming aware of the possibilities of your creation, and I wanted to encourage you! 8^)

I got some problem with streaming to N900,it has sound only,no video at all,even i choose transcoding profiles to N8x0,its fine with Tablet Browser and Browser...tried to reduce video bitrate either fsp but still no video

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video