Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I would like to know how far is the goal to have cellular 3G calls+sms+data working? Like "hopefully next year", "could be in autumn", "maybe in the summer" or "dream on".
Anything but the last!

AFAIU it's already working, there's just no UI for it yet.
I joined the mailing list and people (several) are definitely working on both droid4 and n900. Rest assured, they want this to work as much as you do.
There's been specific mention of a working ofono UI on droid4.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
I would like to know how far is the goal to have cellular 3G calls+sms+data working? Like "hopefully next year", "could be in autumn", "maybe in the summer" or "dream on".

But if you who are working with Leste do not wan't to give that sort of guesses it's ok for me.
Depends on the modem of the device, but... The way I see it, we want/need:

* Qt5
* modem support (kinda there for droid4, pinephone and n900)
* 3G data UI (actually coming soon, working on some static ip vs dhcp with a friend)
* contacts ui/lib (freemangordon working on this)
* sms and call UI (this will still be quite some work)
* other cellular ui, like home applets, status applets, control panel applet for call forwarding, etc (this is WIP, by me mostly, and hard/annoying)
* audio routing (particular problem for n900)
* power management (looking better)

When? ASAP. I hope that we have something in a month, but realistically it's more like a couple of months at least.

Last edited by Wizzup_; 2020-04-14 at 12:43.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Thank you a lot. With this information I am optimistic to start using Leste before Christmass. It seems there is still lot to do and I thank you for sharing info about different tasks.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
hello,
I am interested on hibernating the Droid 4 every now and then.
any hints on how to do this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dktr.k1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dktr.k1 View Post
hello,
I am interested on hibernating the Droid 4 every now and then.
any hints on how to do this?
Perhaps hibernate-ram from hibernate-scripts will just work, but the goal is just get as-good battery life when not hibernating, as when hibernating.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
Perhaps hibernate-ram from hibernate-scripts will just work, but the goal is just get as-good battery life when not hibernating, as when hibernating.
ok. that would be an amazing achievement!

still, hibernation will give the droid even more of the feel of a full computer (which it is! and more!)

I did some simple attempts and little research on hibernation and suspend ... it seems to me that the kernel module swsusp is the only things what's missing... right?

so, I did a swap partition on the microSD-Card (big enough, arround 3 times RAM in size) and tried the hibernate package/script and also the pm-utils package.
1. the hibermate-script turns the droid off with the warning that tuxonice is not present and after power on the system is a fresh boot.
2. the pm-hibernate command does nothing, returns immediately to command-line.
3. the pm-suspend command suspends the device and resume works! ...sometimes... if the droid is resumed within a little time-lapse, like within 15mins, it is successful. but if it is a longer period, like 2 hours, the droid shuts down and the system doesn't resume
4 the commamd pm-suspend-hybrid does nothing, returns immediately to command-line

I hope this helps (:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dktr.k1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Any progress on Maemo-Leste for the Pro1?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Hint for Maemo Leste Raspberry Pi 2 and Droid 4 programmers:
I still waiting new Pi2 version, so I tested with Raspi and Motorola Lapdock 100 and 500 and I found that internet has wrong information about settings.
Right information about Raspi-settings:
/boot/config.txt:
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=81
hdmi_drive=2

And no any hdmi boost, you might broke device with boost.
So Motorola Lapdocks resolution is 1366x768/60hz and 500 Pro gives wrong answer if you ask from device. And 500 Pro works only that resolution +/- some hz.

But here is main point for this post:
So I don't know sure, but that resolution can be only HDMI-output resolution what Droid 4 really has. Probably that information gives some starting point for working HDMI-output with Leste.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Has anyone using Leste tried Dooble? I just tried again it from Extras-devel. Needed to start from /opt/Dooble with ./Dooble. I really like all the possibilities with security it has as well as how fast it works. Some sites do not show content which could probably be solved. Checked with How's My SSL site and it gave all green. Yahoo search site works but had to put 'any protocol' on Dooble Security settings to get it load pages. Would like to know how the rewritten Dooble which is nows out works with Leste. Can anyone test?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Would like to know how the rewritten Dooble which is nows out works with Leste. Can anyone test?
Why it shouldn't work? You can try yourself it is easy. Download virtualbox image from maemo leste run it and install the amd64 deb from dooble.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7