Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Hello, Today I found a XMPP/Jabber Client program for Android/iOS what supports:
1. OTR Secure
2. Filetransfer (Files, Photo, Audio)

and it is Open Soure !!!

I could connect me to my own Openfire server using dyndns.

The name ist "ChatSecure"
Sourcecode

I think Jolla will not soon install a file transfer possibility.
is there a dev what have pleasure and time to port the program to Sailfish?

Last edited by cvp; 2014-02-21 at 07:12.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
As that is Java program and Sailfish doesn't have Java support. Then 'porting' is not possible as you are asking writing a new app from the scratch. Have you tested if alien dalvik supports it?
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
also i install it on jolla phone, and its connecting to my own server.
i can send image and receive it too. Its work...
okay on jolla phone not perfect, like receive pics cant be open, the app crash and i have do start the app again.

As that is Java program and Sailfish doesn't have Java support. Then 'porting' is not possible as you are asking writing a new app from the scratch. Have you tested if alien dalvik supports it?

this is bad
'd like to use my server where you can also send/receive any files

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Hmmm... Isn't it same as with N900 that one needs to install Java (had some luck with adom II: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88436) and it should run? Or is that dependent on X11? We really need xwayland if the latter (man this Wayland maybe the future but for now is a curse it seems, vlc plan Wayland support somewhere 2015+)

Last edited by szopin; 2014-02-21 at 17:21.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Secure and Java. C'mon - that won't happen.