Active Topics

The default email program can multiselect emails.

When in the INBOX, you can select "Move" or "Delete" from the menu.

Then, you can click on any email subject and see them selected at the same time.
To unselect, simple click on the selected item again.

To select all, just press CTRL + A keys as in Windows.

Hope this helps!

------
xusc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xusc For This Useful Post:
i went through all the posts, and i agree with chatbox, nokia should have put in more interest while creating the product, yes i agree the OS is open source, all the softwares will be developed here, code is available for development, if that is the case why is nokia giving the OS in the first place? just sell the hardware, we'll download the OS online since we need to download every basic apps online anyway!!!

But no, nokia is selling it with the OS, so please give the complete product (atleast the bare necessities), i cant believe the phone lacks FM radio (by default), it does not have a video calling facility over the network, we have to depend on apps like skype and gtalk. We seriously cant expect people on the other end to have these apps on the phone can we?

it seems like nokia has got the entire idea of downloading apps wrong here, the idea of apps come in when you have a "fully functional product (phone)" and you need something more from the phone, like you have a phone and you need a call recorder app on your phone, now thats called a app, not when you have a product here which requires apps to be downloaded to make the product fully functional in the first place.

if everything is being developed here on maemo, what responsibility is nokia taking? have you tried calling customer support? they have no idea what the phone is!!

its almost decided that meego is the next OS, has nokia even given out a hint that the n900s will have complete compatibility with meego? they are just going to move on with new phones, new OSs,
N900 is the most expensive phone right now and it'll be obsolete when the other phones with the meego come out , then we need to break our heads, hack this phone, put in the meego os and pray that the phone doesnt crash.

i feel nokia should take more responsibility over "their" phone, and since they have released it as a mobile computer and a phone, it should be a fully functional phone atleast, as they seem to have no clue of what a mobile computer is as of now

to all the n900 lovers, i'm not against n900, i'm in love with the phone, but the basic things its lacking is very difficult to be ignored. not to mention the fact that we are actually testing the phone for nokia by buying n900 as they didnt certainly did not think of doing any testing for the phone

Gone are those days when we used to buy a nokia phone and not think of any problems, we used to come online to get better apps for phone, but now we need to come online to get the phone working!! wow..
nowadays any nokia phone coming out has a defect and nokia seems to show no interest in improving their standards..

Last edited by vinay007_s; 2010-07-06 at 10:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vinay007_s For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Yes i can agree if your right but what is supposed to be and what is actual are two different things.

Why do we have all the problems we have if they are actually compatible with eachother, so now we know Meego is the future then why did Nokia give out a lame excuse for a Meego OS?, obviously a first attempt at the Meego OS so where is the compatibility occuring here?.
[/B]

How can you say this ??? is this some kind of sick joke? lol.
Well we know that the next Meego device that Nokia is building is going be multi-touch with a capacitive touch screen. Thus they don't want to try to build two GUI paradigms (one for a single touch resistive and one for capacitive multi-touch). Or if they build a capacitive multi-touch one and then they have to figure out how to emulate a psuedo multi-touch.

Though personally I think that's a BS excuse. I think most people here would be happy with a not so well working psuedo multi-touch official build of Meego.

Of course this does mean we'll have problems with some app compatibility. If an app requires multi-touch, well obviously N900 users are hosed. Likewise if someone builds an app requiring a stylus, well capacitive users are hosed.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
just more, verbal diarrhea