Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Your thoughts
Poll Options
Your thoughts

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
I really love the Idea, seriously, but I Don't like the colors.
Anyway, I will be among those who will test it and I'll post my feedbacks. Keep up the good Job!!!

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
you might not want to call it moblin... i believe that is trademarked by intel

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
wow this is a great Idea. The only thing is... The colors are too much, i mean, i think you gotta use bars and buttons. If you need a UI designer, i'm here, Some examples? My maemo reModd. I spent too much time to select the right icons to My Maemo Device, then i made a custom FW the name is Back to the Hack and it's avaiable for Italian Users only... By the way, you have to use original icons, i mean good and impressive PNG or what else... The trick is "to follow your idea" take a paper an wrote first, then apply your project

ciao from the Italy and very good idea!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Notes on the UX:

--->--->-->->- Speech Recognition <---<--<-<--<---< ?!?

Is this a typo ?

working Speech Recognition would be a game-changing
coup...

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
bump! Any progress in this ux project?

Nope, everyones disappeared.

This project began with my admiration for Ubuntu and OQO device. It was intended to make x86 linux more finger friendly for the inevitable rise of touchscreens. These are the "mock ups" we agreed on (after a dozen different styles).

I've got very limited amount of experience in coding, so the group (5 of us) sort of lost contact from irc. The sources for the initial groundwork (based on KDE) is uploaded to the repositories but so far I haven't found it....there's been so much content added since Nov 2009!

Anyways I'm flying back home for the Xmas period, and will be looking for my old 80gb hard drive where I kept it, when I get my hands on it, I'll upload it.

But everyone should feel free to search the repos/start dismantling kde if they want such a ux, this concept is open for anyone. And now I just need the very early alpha to show it is a "proof of concept" (alignment problems, the "Superbar" not properly embedded etc etc).

edit: Anyone getting a BeagleBone? For $89 its a great tool. I personally wanted the TrimSlice PRO but at $320+ its not competitively priced. If it was $199 then they would really sell (and see development) I might've even bought one despite my lack of free time as of late.

Last edited by Kangal; 2011-11-02 at 09:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: