Active Topics

Ive had the tablet 3 days now and have had nothing but trouble with it. However I seem to have narrowed it down to a problem with the microb browser having flash enabled.

First of all, I have run the nokia update wizard and reflashed the device multiple times in an attempt to fix my problem. I have also formatted the internal 2gig.(fat 32)

I have not installed anything, I did uninstall maps, and I copied 1 movie for testing purposes to the internal drive.

So... after a fresh boot up, and if I have flash enabled in microb, everything will work as long as I don't open the microb internet browser. I let internet radio play for a hour, watched a 2 hour movie, put that moby song on repeat and let it play an hour, all with no problems. But once I click to browse the internet, it will cause system instability. All programs will randomly crash, the os sometimes reboots itself, or eventually the the tablet freezes. Even if I just open the browser, let it load the home page, and then close the browser.

Now with microb's flash disabled, I've been using the tablet fine. It's been on for 5-6 hours with random use. Browsing the internet with microb, using the media player and surfing the net at the same time. It's great! Something I've not been able to do with my tablet yet.

But I want to use flash, and am not sure where to go from here.
Reflashing the firmware with the nokia update wizard doesn't fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
How did you determine Flash does or doesn't work? Probably, you use a website -with Flash- which is very heavy on the memory. Then you try another application and it is killed because there isn't enough memory for it to allocate.

Can you verify the problem with a simple website? Can you verify it works here and tell the version this page returns?

What version of Flash does the website you try to access use?

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
It's the battery. Using tthe tablet while plugged into the charger has solved everything. The moment I disconnect it, all hell breaks loose, even if the battery is fully charged.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
I would contact Nokia if I were you. This isn't correct behaviour. Something like Flash should work out of the box, it shouldn't crash your tablet.