Posts: 27 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2016 @ Czech Republic
Manjaro ARM Linux Distro Is Shutting Down, Lack Of Contributors Is The Reason

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kuba77 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
lol...!
unbelievable....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Has anyone had any luck with any other distros that are up to date enough to work?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Has anyone had any luck with any other distros that are up to date enough to work?
allmost anything goes, but most will require VNC for GUI I bootstrapped Kali in chroot. Terminal works, but VNC for X (noVNC works on-device with browser)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
allmost anything goes, but most will require VNC for GUI I bootstrapped Kali in chroot. Terminal works, but VNC for X (noVNC works on-device with browser)
How does sound work using VNC?

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Booooo! I had just finished making a custom rootfs to share with everyone. I was just waiting until later this evening when I'd have a reasonably fast connection in order to upload it. I was hoping to release it along with some management scripts this evening.

Oh well, I guess I'll just use Arch instead. I wasn't really taking advantage of Manjaroishness anyway. For this use, Arch should be mostly indistinguishable. It will take a day or two for me to migrate, and then I'll share a preconfigured Arch rootfs instead.

I've also been working on some Sailfish GUI utilities for installation, configuration, and 1-click launch of chroot with xfce desktop as nemo user. I'm new to QT Quick, so this may take a little while, but it's coming along nicely.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
How does sound work using VNC?
It shouldn't matter as long as you can get the chroot to interact directly with the pulse server. The display is independent from audio. Whether you're using xwayland, xserver-xsdl, or vnc shouldn't make any difference for sound.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Also, you should be able to use the xwayland window from manjaro when chrooting other distros that dont have fresh kwin-wayland. Just chroot into manjaro, start kwin-wayland --xwayland, and run "xhost +". Then chroot into the other distro, export DISPLAY=:0, and you're ready to rock.

Last edited by preflex; 2017-02-27 at 21:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
It shouldn't matter as long as you can get the chroot to interact directly with the pulse server. The display is independent from audio. Whether you're using xwayland, xserver-xsdl, or vnc shouldn't make any difference for sound.
Thanks for the info. I still can't get the the Archlinux (i686 version) to work on Jolla tablet. I'm trying a few more things before I report. One thing I just noticed (perhaps a "my bad" is needed here!) is that there is a README file with the archlinux. Should the instructions found there be used in lieu of what is posted in this thread. They seem quite a bit different.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
I've also been working on some Sailfish GUI utilities for installation, configuration, and 1-click launch of chroot with xfce desktop as nemo user. I'm new to QT Quick, so this may take a little while, but it's coming along nicely.
Wow, nice!
Really looking forward to that. If you have got no icon for this… I've just mashed something together using the xfce colour scheme, feel free to use or ignore (the eyes are a bit ugly, but I didn't want to change the logo too much): http://imgur.com/a/Y28aM (I can send you the svg as well, if you'd like it.)

edit: PM me for svg or if you want something changed, I don't want to derail this thread.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post: