Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Hey all. Recently got myself a 64GB dual-SIM Xperia X to stick Sailfish on, but until I had the time to migrate properly from my old J1, I thought I'd have a play with the version of Android it came with (Nougat). One of the things I had a poke around with was my old Pokemon GO account that had sat dormant since the SafetyNet checks came in back in September '16, which blocked the modded APK where I'd lowered the API version from 4.4. to 4.1.

I fully expected my new phone not to work after I'd flashed it, but figured I'd ask regardless...

So now I have my Xperia whose Alien Dalvik supports 4.4, but the game will not authenticate me, presumably because SafetyNet fails basic integrity checks. So...do we have a way around this? Can we monitor what it's looking for and "massage" the environment into being what it expects?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=Pokemon

Already discussed and no, it does not seem to be working any longer.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I did see that, but as it's been nearly a year I thought I'd see if things had changed in the meantime...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mr_jrt View Post
I did see that, but as it's been nearly a year I thought I'd see if things had changed in the meantime...
I'm almost willing to bet that:
  • The interest to resolve this is rather low
  • The ability to resolve this is nigh zero
  • The want to have this resolved outweighs the ability and interest... unfortunately

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
It won't ever work with Alien Dalvik, as it fails the safetynet check and won't ever pass it. I believe microg has a way to get around safetynet but that requires a version of Android that Alien Dalvik doesn't support.

Your best bet of getting Pokemon Go or any other app that has a SafetyNet check to work is anbox. The last time I spoke to the anbox guys that didn't pass some of the CTS checks, which is what the Safetynet test checks the status of. This may have changed since I last spoke to them about 6 months back.

It could work via sfdroid (on CM12.1 base or above) via microg, but we stopped working on that in favour of anbox, but I personally haven't worked on that either in quite some time. Have been meaning to get back to it though.

The Following User Says Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, dalvik, pokémon, sailfish