Excellent, thanks - that's that problem solved!
I know this is only a test version, so hope you don't mind me asking questions? Please ignore if you don't have time...
I can connect to my wifi fine, but when I try and use the included browser, it won't connect to anything, and I don't seem to be able to ping anything from the terminal - did that work for you?

The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by moodroid View Post
Excellent, thanks - that's that problem solved!
I can connect to my wifi fine, but when I try and use the included browser, it won't connect to anything, and I don't seem to be able to ping anything from the terminal - did that work for you?
Please check what is inside /etc/resolv.conf. If it's empty or has 127.0.0.1 as nameserver, add your router DNS or Google DNS there (echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Please check what is inside /etc/resolv.conf. If it's empty or has 127.0.0.1 as nameserver, add your router DNS or Google DNS there (echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf).
Hi, thanks, but still no joy, sorry. I should have been more clear in my original message. I couldn't ping 8.8.8.8 before or after changing resolv.conf, so don't think it's dns related?

Hi, thanks, but still no joy, sorry. I should have been more clear in my original message. I couldn't ping 8.8.8.8 before or after changing resolv.conf, so don't think it's dns related?
Hi. That's weird, Wi-Fi or mobile data connection works on mine device. Can you please check the output of ip addr and ip route?

The Following User Says Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I think I've managed to fix this now by changing the entries in /etc/group to:

inet:x:3003:root
net_raw:x:3004:root

...and doing:

gpasswd -a nemo inet

...then rebooting.

No idea what I was doing and just followed some instructions! Will carry on testing, thanks.

Last edited by moodroid; 2017-03-06 at 13:43. Reason: update

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Sorry again for all the questions...
Were you able to install anything from the store at all? Whatever I try, I just get 'problem with store: could not install <whatever>'?
Many thanks

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Were you able to install anything from the store at all? Whatever I try, I just get 'problem with store: could not install <whatever>'?
Many thanks
did you try 'devel-su pkcon refresh'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Thanks - I hadn't. Just tried, and get:
Fatal error: Authentication failed (is SSU set up correctly?)

Many thanks
Store needs to be enabled for ported devices on per port basis, so it's not enabled on server side yet. Try Warehouse for now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Excellent, thanks.

- WebPirate browser seems pretty good
- LLS Video Player also seems good (had to do 'ssu dr home' and 'ssu dr adaptation0' in order to be able to do 'pkcon install python')
- harbour-file-browser seems ok too

I know this is a bit off topic, but do you (or anyone else) know what I'd need from the Warehouse (or an rpm) to run Android apps?

Although, with the above I think I might be able to manage without Android apps altogether. Many thanks again - this is already good enough to use as my main OS!

Last edited by moodroid; 2017-03-08 at 15:22. Reason: update

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:

Tags
droid, hwkbd, sailfish os, xt894