Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Is there a way (like an easy homescreen icon) to Secure the device?

On the N900, we could press the power button once, to select it over there. The reason is, that I don't want to put in my code every time, so I've set the time to '5 minutes'. But there are moments that I want to lock it immediately, that's where this button will be handy for!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
This could be done via script easily I believe (then add an icon on app menu to trigger it), maybe contacting Schturman to add this function to N9QT would be the ideal solution..

EDIT: Maybe also one could add the function to the power key (hit it twice and it would lock the phone?)

Last edited by bandora; 2013-03-27 at 01:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
This could be done via script easily I believe (then add an icon on app menu to trigger it), maybe contacting Schturman to add this function to N9QT would be the ideal solution..

EDIT: Maybe also one could add the function to the power key (hit it twice and it would lock the phone?)
That could be possible, altough I don't know what command you have to use to activate the "Secure Device".

Does anyone know this?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Run following command with exploited capas:

opensh -c "dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.devicelock /request com.nokia.devicelock.setState int32:1 int32:1;dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:locked"
You can pretty easily make desktop icon for it, but you need incepted opensh to make it run because of aegis capabilities.

PS. and word of warning: don't play with variables there, just use copy & paste. Since if you change the parameter values, you can for example force secure wipe of the device (without asking any confirmations), and most likely you dont want that
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-03-27 at 14:49.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Asked for this on like first week I got my N9.

I hope someone does script.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
And your wrong, your example only closes the screen, but does not trigger device lock code query.
Ah I thought it was the same; so dbus it is then

The Following User Says Thank You to lanccu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I already created icon and it work perfectly... Will be added to the next version of N9QT. Thanks rainisto.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
rainisto, maybe you know how to/which process we need to restart to get the dbus notification popup windows get to work again ?
Because if we restart this process:
Code:
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/devicelockd
the dbus notification popup windows stop to work and I can't found which process to restart to get it work again.
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
OK, found it
Code:
gconftool-2 --type boolean --set  /desktop/meego/notifications/previews_enabled true

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:

Tags
device, secure