Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Minnesota
This is the one thing preventing me from buying the N800. Is anybody working on an AIM app for the N800?

GAIM runs on the n800

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Windowsrookie View Post
This is the one thing preventing me from buying the N800. Is anybody working on an AIM app for the N800?
GAIM is a multi-protocol client that works just fine as does GizmoProject.

Latest port is from 2005? I've heard it runs horribly.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Then don't use it. It works fine on mine.

Works on mine just fine except it sometimes won't quit.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chandler, AZ, USA
works fine for me. crashes very rarely, and i alway shut it down via the menu instead of the little x

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).

The fact that ' Gaim ' works and that it can be used normally ( and can be ' Quit ' from, normally ! ! ! ) is mentioned in this Forum numerous times. For some reason no one wants to search for any information regarding the various software modules that can be installed on the ITs and the issues involved therein. Most people come here just to find quick answers and are not at all willing to ' Search ' for it.

I did search. I didn't find anything. Thanks for telling my what to do though. Posts like yours are always helpful. Maybe an AIM tutorial thread should be stickied?

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
I do not ever tell anyone to do anything. I know everyone ( including me ) has the capacity to make their own mistakes ). Regarding conducting a ' Search ', right at this moment, hitting the 6th tab after signing on to this Forum brings up all the posts about ' Gaim ' ever mentioned. There are comments by Users , Developers and Programers. Making use of them will make it easier for you to use Gaim, that's all .