Notices

Poll: Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?
Poll Options
Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Never tried mafw-lastfm but I would definitely recommend the excellent Vagalume! Big finger friendly buttons, intuitive interface with a good number of extra feature via menus.

As a previous N800 then N810 user I am really missing Vagalume on my N900 - Should arrive before Christmas though!!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Faz View Post
Never tried mafw-lastfm but I would definitely recommend the excellent Vagalume! Big finger friendly buttons, intuitive interface with a good number of extra feature via menus.

As a previous N800 then N810 user I am really missing Vagalume on my N900 - Should arrive before Christmas though!!
Vagalume only scrobbles songs played through it though, not through media player.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Vagalume only scrobbles songs played through it though, not through media player.
Sorry, seems I misread OP in my excitement of Vagalume.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
After reading this thread, I'm not much wiser on whether or not it's possible to scrobble my played tracks from the mediaplayer to lastfm.

I loved Mobbler on my N95, which had a lot of functions, such as straming, sugestions etc., but a simple scrobble function would suffice too.

The Following User Says Thank You to real_per For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
So.. I tried too to get this working like this:

1. I installed mafw-lastfm from the extras-devel

2. Typed

Code:
echo -n mypassword | md5sum
in X terminal

3. Went to control panel point "Last Fm" and typed my Last FM username as plain text and password as md5 hash got from X terminal

4. Played couple of songs in Media Player, but they won't to scrobble

What did i do wrong? Thanks!

Have you made mafw-lastfm work?

I have created user settings file (eg. set password and username) and I am trying to play some songs, but they will not appear on last.fm page.

I also tried to start manually mafw-lastfm from command line but it says this:

message failed, trying to send in 5 seconds.
retrying to queue message
message failed, trying to send in 10 seconds.

This will continue and seconds will grow but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Is there an option to switch it over to libre.fm ? Or any other scrobbling service at that.

Have you tried installing the latest update - it started working for me after starting it manually.

Can you explain a little more - how did you made sure that you have latest update and how did you started it manually?

Ruskie - If I am not totally wrong, you can add /etc/hosts line:
89.16.177.55 post.audioscrobbler.com

Eg. manually give IP-address to post.audioscrobbler.com where it will normally be sent, so in that case it will be sent to libre.fm servers.

Last edited by Stargazers; 2009-12-09 at 15:04. Reason: Not meant URL, meant IP-address

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Has anyone made mafw-lastfm work? If anyone wouldnt mind typing some basic instructions here they would be much appreciated.

Tags
application, audioscrobbler, fremantle, last.fm, last.fm scrobbler, maemo, maemo 5, mafw-lastfm, request, scrobbler, social networking, vagalume