Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Question is if they will deliver to those preordered? I mean in my case I wonder if preorder really meant I can order the device in the end if lets say only 10 people preordered from sweden? I mean why should the care definitivly not in case of translations etc...
For what I read from the FAQ's, there is nowhere where they commit to deliver for every single order, and nowhere where they say they won't give you the money back. So, if you ordered from a country where they can't deliver (e.g., you can't sell certain products in Switzerland unless you have a warehouse in the country), then they'll give you your money back. That's the way I see it anyway...

Having said all that, we haven't heard reports of anybody _not_ receiving their t-shirts, maybe if they can send a t-shirt, they can also send a phone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
This may be old news by now, but I did kindly get a response from Jolla Customer Care regarding International and 0€ pre-orders:

Availability in countries other than the initial EU+ launch is yet to be determined.

0€ pre-orders shipping within the stated EU+ launch countries will have an opportunity to be among the first to purchase the device when it becomes available.

Last edited by Kriek; 2013-10-03 at 13:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Having said all that, we haven't heard reports of anybody _not_ receiving their t-shirts, maybe if they can send a t-shirt, they can also send a phone?
Technically I didn't receive my t-shirt from Jolla... It got delivered to an address in UK, where I got a courier to pick it up and send it to me... for about EUR40. This is part of my issue with the handling of the Jolla "merchandise". Instead of paying EUR40 for the t-shirt courier service, and then probably a lot more than EUR40 for the phone (when it does ship) courier service... I'd much rather have Jolla charge me EUR200 for the worldwide shipping. The current strategy (for anyone not in a supported country) is essentially "giving away" money that Jolla could be receiving to companies like DHL/Fedex/etc. As much as I love DHL/Fedex, I'd much rather support Jolla where possible... otherwise the dream of a Jolla superphone that has specs up the wazoo will go poof in a cloud of smoke.

EDIT: Jalyst: I have to agree with others here that the email you sent is a little... well... demanding. The bolds, underlines, and general wording seems like something you'd send an employee who did a boo-boo. That said, the intention is good, and hopefully the guys at Jolla will see that.

Last edited by biatch0; 2013-10-03 at 15:38.

Sorry to hear, biatch0, so I suppose that you couldn't preorder as your country wasn't in the supported ones.

I guess the challenge for Jolla is not just the shipping, but providing with warranty and other things for each country. You have done well by supporting the way you could - if they are successful, they'll be in your country soon enough.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:

Tags
device, jolla, jolla phone, pre-order