Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Hi!

I don't know whether many people still use google talk (actually jabber talk...) video conferencing, but I do. I sent a N800 to my mother and we use it so that she can see her grandchildren.

It works fairly well between two N800 or between a N800 and a N810, using various connections (including umts...).

It does not work very well between a N900 and a N800/N810, whatever the connection is and even on my home network. The sound from the N800 or N810 is muted on the N900. Not all of the time, but I miss half the conversation. More specifically, I can connect or be called (I am the N900 user), I can see the other user all the time, I can hear the other user at the beginning and in the middle of a sentence I hear nothing. If I talk, I can hear the other party again... until the sound is cut again.

This happens with headphones as well.

The situation appears to deteriorate with time. When I first get my N900, it did not appear that often. Now, I can't really use the N900 for video calls, I reverted to the N810.

Given the state of the maemo distribution, I don't expect Nokia to fix things any soon. But if someone knows of hidden settings of the jabber video call subsystems, I would be grateful for any help. I think that there is an echo cancellation system active in this system and maybe it can be reset or tweaked? If I am right and the situation deteriorates over time, that would imply that some connection data statistics are saved. Maybe clearing these would reset the system?

Nobody has an idea?

Really nobody?

Tags
jabber, telepathy, telepathy-haze