Yes, it really is amazing once you get used to it.

I've joined the maemo-users mailing list, and am looking into what would be required to make this work. If there are any developers here who want to help out, please let me know (joe@strout.net).

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by mikelococo
Not strictly true. The handwriting recognition engine is closed, but the keyboard is open.
Not to hijack this thread, because Hexinput is really neat, but is any way to effect changes to the virtual keyboard because there are many missing keys — the <ctrl> key and <alt> key for instance and the function keys (I’ve been wanting to try F11 with Opera on certain pages).

More than that, since the keyboard is virtual, I was wondering if it is possible to customize it at all.

For instance, I use the hyphen a lot more than I do the exclamation mark and would gladly exchange their relative positions. And where is the em dash?

I’ve got to believe this is something that should be available in a configuration file. (I even wrote about it in the blog -- www.internettablettalk.com/blog/?p=172 ).