Notices

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2012 @ port harcourt
For me ability to syncronize with pc and cloud storage would b an excellent addition as I am so fade up by failed attempts of some guys to make qvernote and dropN900 work seamlessly

The Following User Says Thank You to mrbee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rfeese View Post
Thanks gidzzz, I was hoping someone would do this. The alarm choices for the stock calendar always bother me.

@guilledoc: This appears to use the stock calendar database, so I would assume that any exsiting calendar backup/sync options would still be possible. I think that there is syncevolution and someone was working on a caldav file export.
I used syncevolution itMs not so reliable(lost some apoinments from time to time) and caldav file export didn't work for me ether
Ofcourse it could be just me. Thats why I would like a working easy sync with pc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
A little feedback:

The package is placed in Section: user/games. user/office would be more appropriate

What's your view on localization? Some elements obey the device language setting, but most elements are English. Any plans for adding translation files like in OMP?

And finally: will you publish the source code any time soon? I am interested see how you implemented some parts of the date picker.

Edit: P.s. I see you are trying to upload to extra devel. I can always get the source there once that succeeds.

Last edited by ade; 2013-07-23 at 19:14.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
It's not really Autobuilder, it's a package in extras-devel causing some issues.

See for a work-around:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...37&postcount=5
I added it to build dependencies, but it seems to be ignored.

Originally Posted by ade View Post
The package is placed in Section: user/games. user/office would be more appropriate
That's not a mistake. With enough imagination even this calendar is an entertaining game. For example, you can create an event with a blindly picked date and then go looking for it -- you've got an adventure game. Click some random buttons in the recurrence editor and try to guess them using just the month view -- a puzzle game! ...Alright, apparently I used gpspmgui as base for the packaging and somehow it slipped through. 0.5-2 is in the right section.

What's your view on localization? Some elements obey the device language setting, but most elements are English. Any plans for adding translation files like in OMP?
I think translations will be possible in the next release.

And finally: will you publish the source code any time soon? I am interested see how you implemented some parts of the date picker.

Edit: P.s. I see you are trying to upload to extra devel. I can always get the source there once that succeeds.
Although it failed in the autobuilder, looks like the source is still there: https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...0.5-2/sources/.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I added it to build dependencies, but it seems to be ignored.

Although it failed in the autobuilder, looks like the source is still there: https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...0.5-2/sources/.
1) There is an additional libx11-data in the second pair of braces, please remove this (see edited http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...37&postcount=5). If this is not enough, try to omit the 2: and/or use Build-Conflicts with libx11-data (=1.1.99.6+0m5+withxcb)

2) The source is there because the build failed.

Last edited by frafI; 2013-07-24 at 12:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frafI View Post
1) There is an additional libx11-data in the second pair of braces, please remove this (see edited http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...37&postcount=5). If this is not enough, try to omit the 2: and/or use Build-Conflicts with libx11-data (=1.1.99.6+0m5+withxcb)
I've corrected that and tried all 4 combinations (depends/conflicts, with/without epoch), but the builder is pretty stubborn, totally ignores it.

[2013-07-24 14:05:49] cd /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/qalendar-0.5 && dpkg-checkbuilddeps
[2013-07-24 14:05:50] Trying to install build-deps
[2013-07-24 14:05:50] Try to install static depends: libqt4-dev calendar-backend-dev
[2013-07-24 14:05:50] fakeroot apt-get -y -q -o APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated=1 install --no-remove libqt4-dev calendar-backend-dev </dev/null

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
A little feedback:

The Polish translation is borked. It should be "lipiec" instead of "lipca" and so on.
There's no animation like with the stock calendar (but it's a minor thing, that's no problem)
There's should be more spacing between the bars which mean the events
If I click the week the menu on the top still says it's month

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
fremangordon and joerg_rw fixed the autobuilder (or rather removed libx11-data and fixed stuff related to extras-devel), you should try uploading qalendar again.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
I'm going to try new Qalendar, for several reasons. First, it doesn't seem like it's going to corrupt my Calendar database - not that it's large. Second, it's open-source, and therefore can be more easily modified-extended in the future. Third, I want to leave my feature requests. Such us, make sure that Qalendar doesn't use too much memory or processor, or react too slowly - default Calendar is one of the fastest opening applications. Don't include sync inside your application - sync should be an optional extension, not a vital part. Fourth, I do have an event happening on Friday 13th, which should be added to my diary, and your recurrence editor is an excellent feature.
Best wishes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
First impressions...
'First day of week' setting is absent (default calendar offers too limited choice, by the way). Scrolling effect of default calendar is achieved by jumping to previous-or-next month when days outside the current month are clicked, and is greatly missed in Qalendar.
Best wishes. Thank you.
Written in Leafpad.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
calendar, fremantle