Posts: 42 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Belgium
I was wondering if we could add a default "tab" key in the community SSU. I've seen people talk about Ctrl+I in terminal, I've seen people modifying the mapping keyboard.

I'd like to know if there is a consensus about what to map to "Tab" and if this could be added in the community SSU.

Looking for beta testers for a price comparison engine:
http://www.shoptimate.com

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
I have it mapped to Fn<space>

BTW, sorry for the off-topic interjection, but for those with old batteries, you can get a replacement for <$10 on eBay or Buy.com.

Update: see this for more discussion on N810 batteries.

Last edited by buurmas; 2010-06-10 at 17:57. Reason: update

Originally Posted by inoshishi View Post
I was wondering if we could add a default "tab" key in the community SSU. I've seen people talk about Ctrl+I in terminal, I've seen people modifying the mapping keyboard.

I'd like to know if there is a consensus about what to map to "Tab" and if this could be added in the community SSU.
modifying the keyboard for yourself isn't very hard, and I know I would be upset if the SSU messed up my beautiful keybindings. It would take like 3 lines in python to accomplish the same thing

I see references to a bugfix to the BME in this bugreport, with the intent that it would go out with a later SSU (according to the comments), but there wasn't a later SSU.

Could we get a hold of this update and add it to the community SSU?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DataPath For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by DataPath View Post
I see references to a bugfix to the BME in this bugreport, with the intent that it would go out with a later SSU (according to the comments), but there wasn't a later SSU.

Could we get a hold of this update and add it to the community SSU?
These comments?:

Eero Tamminen (Nokia) 2009-04-23 17:37:38 GMT+3 [reply]

Also, as bme is on initfs (the issue is though to be bme not ignoring SIGPIPEs when its client dies), unfortunately there's no test package that could be provided for testing whether the bme update actually fixes this issue. It needs full SSU update.
When he mentioned SSU there (in April 2009) he was not referring to the current Community SSU, which did not exist yet. Nokia never did their own full SSU after April 2009. Nokia is not helping with the current community SSU - contributing bugfixes, etc.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I know this is a stupid question; however I have to ask if there is anyway that Nokia will ever release those planned updates to the population that's supporting their "open source device" when they aren't doing crap?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Gerbick, I may be misunderstanding your question, but I know of no "planned" Nokia updates for Diablo, nor of Nokia promises to do Diablo updates. I don't read the "Eero Tamminen" comments that SD69 posted here as a Nokia promise to do another Diablo update. I'm assuming that community SSU is the only Diablo SSU option going forward.

Last edited by buurmas; 2010-06-03 at 19:00. Reason: clarifying

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
When he mentioned SSU there (in April 2009) he was not referring to the current Community SSU, which did not exist yet. Nokia never did their own full SSU after April 2009. Nokia is not helping with the current community SSU - contributing bugfixes, etc.
I'm quite aware that he was not referring to the community SSU, and that Nokia never did their own full SSU. According to the comment, they already developed a fix. I was wondering if anyone had bothered to ask them if they could provide any of their unreleased but already implemented fixes for us to include in the SSU. It doesn't seem like an unreasonable request, given that we're not asking them to do any actual development.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DataPath For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
Gerbick, I may be misunderstanding your question, but I know of no "planned" Nokia updates for Diablo, nor of Nokia promises to do Diablo updates. I don't read the "Eero Tamminen" comments that SD69 posted here as a Nokia promise to do another Diablo update. I'm assuming that community SSU is the only Diablo SSU option going forward.
There were/are some fixes that never were doled out by Nokia. I know they will never commit to any updates to anything that's not MeeGo; however my inquiry was wondering if they would release those fixes. Not that they had a SSU in the wings - Diablo was basically born dead.

That's what I meant.

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo