Active Topics

Notices

LABAUDIO: that's $1E6 question for a moment
etrunko: thanks for the honest answer! Looking forward to it

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Cabadena:

Beta10 brings new Light media scanner version (the last one) with better support specially to help it grow

you can also now turn of the "startup media check" this will make the loading time solid even with big media cards (bigger than 8 gigas). So startup time will be consistent from now on

There's improvements on youtube plugin (you can paginate the searches, see comments, log in to your channels)

Lot's of improvements to the core, as we are going to release the source we want to make sure things are in better shape, so you going to notice the improvements.

I am also preparing the roadmap for the next betas, and maybe we will finally get to the point I was considering to release canola as "final"

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
handful: thanks, our mouths are full of saliva....

svu, agreed. Being able to switch off the start up media check will be great, it takes a while (although not too long) with my 16gb card. Also, I like seeing updates to the core most of all. Having a very stable player is definitely the most important feature of all.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
This sounds really great, I'm looking forward to get a new great version of my most used app on the NIT... now we just need it in the repositories ^_^

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Yeah, after this rounds big improvements will come for each release, and this time you can trust me they will be in a more "stable" schedule. we need to get things rolling with a good rhythm as fast as possible, so everyone can really see their needs being implemented

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Great job Canola team. Thanks!

If you're brave enough, you can try it now in the extras-devel repository. It will be availabe only for chinook and diablo at this first moment. As soon as we feel confortable enough, we will generate the packages for the other distributions, especially for 770.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to etrunko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Installed and working Thank you very much - has picked up a few folders which beta9 was refusing to scan for some reason.

Originally Posted by etrunko View Post
If you're brave enough, you can try it now in the extras-devel repository. It will be availabe only for chinook and diablo at this first moment. As soon as we feel confortable enough, we will generate the packages for the other distributions, especially for 770.
$ canola
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/canola", line 236, in <module>
setup_dot_canola()
File "/usr/bin/canola", line 74, in setup_dot_can ola
system_props = mger.get_class("SystemProperties ")() # XXX
File "python-terra/core/manager.py", line 157, in get_class
File "python-terra/core/manager.py", line 123, in get_classes
ValueError: No plugin found with filter 'SystemProp erties'

Any ideas? Upgraded from beta 9 on a n800 with latest Diablo.

Tags
beta10, canola2, installation