Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Since there's already a very good set of questions, here are only a few from me, please feel free to use/modify/adapt them:

Community

What new initiatives do you want to develop inside the community ?

maemo.org

Do you agree with the Extras QA process ? In your opinion, we should lower, raise or maintain the current entry barrier for extras ?

How do you see the relationship between the council and the payed staff at maemo.org ? In your opinion the current means and periodicity of reporting are enough or the maemo.org staff should use other means to report to the community ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm going to follow VDVsx's lead and toss a few out:

1. What do you hope to gain personally from your time on the council?

2. What experience or aptitude of yours do you hope rubs off on other council members?

And the obligatory essay question:

3. Where do you see MeeGo 1 year from now? be as imaginative as you dare.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
@Texrat, from the first post:

Please do not post replies within this thread that are not questions for the candidates. It simply makes it difficult for me to weed through 'discussions' to get at the questions. The only exception would be to ask for clarification on the process.

I just agree with @EIPI that this thread will become a mess if we start answering/debating here

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Call me a resource abuser (although I would prefer the thinking-outside-the-box term ) but... could we (ab)use brainstorm for this ? The question gets to be an idea (linked to from a post here) and the candidates then post their 'solutions'. It also makes it easier to see candidate stance on a particular question without sifting through miles long Q&A posts. When the elections are over, we can always return to specific ideas and see what has been done or what has (more) public support in certain issues. Maybe Brainstorm DOES get to be used for something non-technical and constructive Voting on solutions pre-election might be skewing things, though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
h0pbeat, I understood EIPI's comment to refer to the round of questions he assembled. But I can delete and repost my answers elsewhere, sure.

Moved to http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=6322&page=63

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-03-21 at 20:01.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Call me a resource abuser (although I would prefer the thinking-outside-the-box term ) but... could we (ab)use brainstorm for this ? The question gets to be an idea (linked to from a post here) and the candidates then post their 'solutions'. It also makes it easier to see candidate stance on a particular question without sifting through miles long Q&A posts. When the elections are over, we can always return to specific ideas and see what has been done or what has (more) public support in certain issues. Maybe Brainstorm DOES get to be used for something non-technical and constructive Voting on solutions pre-election might be skewing things, though.
Interesting idea! Perhaps something for the next election.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
h0pbeat, I understood EIPI's comment to refer to the round of questions he assembled. But I can delete and repost my answers elsewhere, sure.
I put that comment thinking the thread may get out of hand, ending in a flame war. As it turns out, the community appears rather apathetic. Only a few individuals have brought questions to the table. Leave it as-is.

All candidates have not replied to the initial set of 10 questions yet. I'll pick a few from this thread and forward them along (likely tomorrow or so).

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Yeah the apathy concerns me too. Only a handful have bothered to engage... just like US politics.

The flame wars seem limited to the usefullness of the N900.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
I put that comment thinking the thread may get out of hand, ending in a flame war. As it turns out, the community appears rather apathetic. Only a few individuals have brought questions to the table. Leave it as-is.

All candidates have not replied to the initial set of 10 questions yet. I'll pick a few from this thread and forward them along (likely tomorrow or so).
Sorry if I missed your initial plan, but you will publish a blog post with each candidate answers, right ? Or a big one with everything ?

In the first case, IMO is better start asap the deadline is approaching .

Thanks for your work, this will enrich the election and will bring more voters for sure.

Last edited by VDVsx; 2010-03-19 at 14:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
VDVsx, no one has answered my questions... but surely I can count on you, right amigo?