Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
And as bugs tracker are open, you can also read which bugs on which applications have been reported ...

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Disclaimer: I have never posted in these forums before, so it is very possible that my writing style violates the cultural norms established here. For that, I apologize ahead of time.

That being said, I was just curious as to if this kind of thing would serve the community better if established as a wiki page? I personally think it would be a more concise approach than someone having to try and extract relevant information from relevant posts.

Don't get me wrong, I think the topic at hand is a great one to be discussed; I just think it could be tackled at a different angle.

Also, is it possible to perhaps track trends that cause the battery to deplete at a more rapid rate? For example, I know that it was mentioned that RAM and CPU usage are factors. Is it feasible to come up with solid numbers such as "applications that use xMB of memory or consume x% of the CPU are known to drain the battery. I would think doing so would make tracking down culpret applications less daunting than say, hoping that they are all in bugzilla or that someone has posted about said application.

As for me helping out, I'm still waiting for my n900 to come in, so I am unable to do any of the above. I do look forward to being a more envolved part of this community though in the coming weeks ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
has this thread got forgotten about? a list would be great :-D

Many folks here did not get it, we still need a thread to expose apps that are crappy and not fully tested, and warn others not installing it if have options.

My list now is, NO APPS in n900 can play/download YouTube videos. The follow apps should avoid if you wanted to do that as no one cares to fix it:

ZouTube
CuteTube
MediaBox
@Scene

N900; Maemo 5 PR 1.2

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
I think that since this tread was started users have discovered that it is not always the apps fault, and that whilst an app may give problems on one N900, on another it runs perfectly giving no problems or issues. An example i guess would be cutetube (as listed by lljmt01) for me it is one of the best apps on my device, with no issues whatsoever.

I think the problems can more often than not be put down to conflicks (not cornflakes) with other apps (testing, devel?) an therefore a list would be neither acurate nor fair.

my opinion.

Dan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
That catblocker program is pretty worthless.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Catblock bricks the phone.... !!

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by ljmt01 View Post
Many folks here did not get it, we still need a thread to expose apps that are crappy and not fully tested, and warn others not installing it if have options.

My list now is, NO APPS in n900 can play/download YouTube videos. The follow apps should avoid if you wanted to do that as no one cares to fix it:

ZouTube
CuteTube
MediaBox
@Scene
CuteTube is GREAT! I'm having so much fun with it! check the thread on CuteTube to get yours working.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
For me, one App I've had to remove is "Custom Ringtones." It slowed down my phone (I'm always listening to Podcasts over bluetooth) so much that I never was able to answer a call before it went to voicemail.

Actually I have no problem with Cutetube/Ytube and I believe @marxian is still developing cutetube IIRC.