i was seeing apps in other os"es and found this functional app very nice..it saved all the location of the wifi network and showed it in the map... very nice app as if you turn on the wifi search on always you can save the data of the wifi networks availability! so what you guys think??
we should do wifi hotspot hunt & save thing 8)

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Whats wrong with kismet?

It saves all the data in a xml file and its also possible to import kismet's data to google earth. I won't explain how to import that data but google will help you for sure

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Whats wrong with kismet?
we"ll i was asking for an app that has a gui to see that data on map...

anybody interested???

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I'm interested in an app that records: GSM, WCDMA, WiFi, and GPS strength/quality.

If there was a cell tower triangulation program available it would help fill in the mostly missing GPS info. I'm guessing that you'ld blow through batteries at a pritty quick pace doing this....

And want a pony.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
And want a pony.
I prefer unicorns

However it seems to be a nice idea.... BUT not sure why would you want to search for Wi-Fi all the time when you're driving...

It would also result in juice sucking (battery drain for those who didnt understood me)

Tags
iwantappz