Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
and i forgot to add cutetube merceylessly chews my limited data plan
oh it even plays nice on 2g ! :: no need to use too expensive rooftop 3g i.e 3g coverage in rooftop

thanks

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
cuteTube Player is nice actually. I wondered if it had any superior functionality, and so it could be extracted out and made as an stand-alone player.

The Following User Says Thank You to princefakhan For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
News

Features removed:
  • Comments, as these are not supported in YouTube API v3.
I thougt it should be working?

https://developers.google.com/youtub...commentThreads

http://youtube-eng.blogspot.co.at/20...ta-api-v3.html

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
SailfishOS support planned?
Yes. The libs and cuteTube backend have been tested against Qt5, so it's just a case of implementing the UI and any platform-specific features.

My website

GitHub

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Features removed:
Comments, as these are not supported in YouTube API v3.
Built-in social/sharing features, as cuteTube will use platform
sharing features in future, and I want to kill my social network
accounts with fire.
i cannot understand this part
and will there be a feature that enables video links from diffrent browsers when clicked or copied to be used in cutetube as cutetubes player is really nice
also can locally saved video playback finally come to cutetube
setting background color or wallpaper or a nightmode theme
and just for show-off and utility dragging vertically to increase decrease volume horizantally to forward backward
Video links can be opened in cuteTube using DBus, so it's up to other applications to allow support for making the necessary DBus calls.

The player hasn't been implemented yet, so I'm not sure exactly what the final result will be like. There will be no playback of local videos, since the archive feature is being removed.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Google must have implemented it recently, as the comments API was not present last time I looked, and they initially stated they would keep the comments feature open in v2. I see the page was updated 10/04/2015.

I will take it under advisement.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Video links can be opened in cuteTube using DBus, so it's up to other applications to allow support for making the necessary DBus calls.

The player hasn't been implemented yet, so I'm not sure exactly what the final result will be like. There will be no playback of local videos, since the archive feature is being removed.
maybe just keep the archieved videos feature and rename it to local videos
actually after enabling 720p support both players ie omp and mp become unstable as frequently they would slow down stuck on loading dots etc so i use sib as thats the fastest and most reliable video player for now but then it dosent have thumbnail so finding videos is a mess
so was hoping cutetube equipped with local playback would change that

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
maybe just keep the archieved videos feature and rename it to local videos
actually after enabling 720p support both players ie omp and mp become unstable as frequently they would slow down stuck on loading dots etc so i use sib as thats the fastest and most reliable video player for now but then it dosent have thumbnail so finding videos is a mess
so was hoping cutetube equipped with local playback would change that
The primary function of cuteTube is to act as a client for various web services and provide access to their data. It is not intended to be a media player. I don't have even the half the time that it would take to write a high quality media player in addition to my existing workload.

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
Cutube has the best built-in video player on the platform imho, it's capable of resizing videos on the fly in multitask view, and that function is that I really want to see in OMP, or even the stock player...
So, If you want to start developing a standalone video player app based on this functionality, I would pay for it.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dy1ng For This Useful Post:
I think it would be a shame to lose the archive feature. Makes it much easier to manage the files.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube