Poll: Which one???!@
Poll Options
Which one???!@

Closed Thread
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
The 768 MB RAM helps. I have Advanced Task Killer installed, and only rarely noticed some lag (only with a lot of apps open).

I'd also like to thank gerbick for the good post again.

I would recommend Nexus S.

Motorola Atrix uses moto blur.

Samsung galaxy doesnot have upgrade.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia.
My brother has that installed too, even with no apps running it lags when he tries to open email or changing between homescreens.

Originally Posted by turbowei View Post
I would recommend Nexus S.

Motorola Atrix uses moto blur.

Samsung galaxy doesnot have upgrade.
Doesn't Galaxy S2 come with 2.3 preinstalled?
I know that Atrix has 2.2 upgradeable to 2.3 but Motorola takes a very long time to release official updates.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have to be honest.... the Samsung Galaxy S out of the box has a ton of lag - TouchWiz and some other stuff - how it handles external memory is somewhat sluggish.

I have a Samsung Captivate, a Galaxy S variant for AT&T, and use Serendipity 5.12 - soon 6.2 once I get some time. It uses the Voodoo lagfix and I cannot complain. Stock Galaxy S though, yeah... it's sluggish despite having an awesome processor and whatnot.

I don't use Advanced Task Killer... I use Watchdog. It kills processes that are hanging or hogging my CPU. I set the rules to kill anything that kills 30% that aren't phone specific. Works wonders.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I have to be honest.... the Samsung Galaxy S out of the box has a ton of lag - TouchWiz and some other stuff - how it handles external memory is somewhat sluggish.

I have a Samsung Captivate, a Galaxy S variant for AT&T, and use Serendipity 5.12 - soon 6.2 once I get some time. It uses the Voodoo lagfix and I cannot complain. Stock Galaxy S though, yeah... it's sluggish despite having an awesome processor and whatnot.
omg the Captivate looked so nice, but we're not spoilt for choice here in Australia.

The Optimus 2X / LG Star is crappy.
Unless you mean the Optimus 3D which is an obvious improvement.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...imus-3d-934907

It's very hard to choose between the three because:
-Samsung's new screen gets rid of pentile, is twice as bright and drains the least power.
-Motorola's screen has more pixels=qHD ()
-LG's screen is the worst, but then again it gives you a glasses-free parallax 3D display (like 3DS)

-Motorola has a big battery
-LG has better cameras
-Samsung has the best aesthetics

-LG has individual HDMI and USB HOST (if memory serves right)
-Samsung has the irritating HDMI-USB hybrid port

-Motorola has individual ports with the docking mechanism
-Motorola is locked away from hacking = no custom ROMs = no MIUI ROM = no Fun!

edit: The winner: The Chimera
The shell of the GS2, button placement of the Atrix, GS2's USB-OTG, SAMOLED+ screen with qHD resolution, LG's OMAP4430, Atrix's battery size, dual-cameras (3D) on the back, and no locked-bootloader.

Last edited by Kangal; 2011-03-20 at 02:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
The Optimus 2X / LG Star is crappy.
Unless you mean the Optimus 3D which is an obvious improvement.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...imus-3d-934907

It's very hard to choose between the three because:
-Samsung's new screen gets rid of pentile, is twice as bright and drains the least power.
-Motorola's screen has more pixels=qHD ()
-LG's screen is the worst, but then again it gives you a glasses-free parallax 3D display (like 3DS)

-Motorola has a big battery
-LG has better cameras
-Samsung has the best aesthetics

-LG has individual HDMI and USB HOST (if memory serves right)
-Samsung has the irritating HDMI-USB hybrid port

-Motorola has individual ports with the docking mechanism
-Motorola is locked away from hacking = no custom ROMs = no MIUI ROM = no Fun!

edit: The winner: The Chimera
The shell of the GS2, button placement of the Atrix, GS2's USB-OTG, SAMOLED+ screen with qHD resolution, LG's OMAP4430, Atrix's battery size, dual-cameras (3D) on the back, and no locked-bootloader.
The Atrix has pentile.....

Asian: I have to give you props here for stepping out and asking in the lions cage. I should also say that if you are buying phone(s) based on what your friends have then you really need to think outside the box.

Of all the phones you listed i would also recommend you look into the Nexus S. I will not even consider the Samsung S2 since samsungs track record last year with their phone and the carriers didn't go so well. It left a bad debt on a lot of peoples wallet.... It reminded me of another company SE that is really feeling the pain and have promised to listen to their customer with upgrades. Its just by the grace of the XDA folks that samsungs is getting a break and not to mention they didn't sign their boot loader.

Motorola: well what can i say...blur sums it up not to mention they lock their boot loader which makes it next to impossible to developing custom roms thanks to the XDA folks. Well i can go on and on but i will not.

The LG Optimus 2x: well if they didn't include their UI like Tmobile is claiming they wouldn't then we have a winner here. All tests so far show this phone to be an amazing phone even beating the Atrix. The XDA folks are already cooking up some rom for this beast.

Anyway to come in hear asking what N900 folks thinks about you getting an android phone is just plain lame. Most folks here are die hard debian folks and even Nokia telling them that they will NOT support N900 anymore still didn't not make them realize that it is over. Like it or not like i said it last year that if Nokia did not release Meego by October like they promised it is over. Maemo is DEAD and so is Mego. Android is here to stay and at the end of the day it is going to be Android vs Apple.

I have already made up my mind i am switching over to Android and will most likely start developing app for Android. I am waiting for April 20th, the supposed date that Tmobile will release the LG Optimus 2x. I want to hold it in my hands and test it before i make up my mind between that and the Nexus S. As much as i have studied both phones i still want to touch and play with the 2x to make sure that is the one i really want. My N900 has been good to me. I have done it all with it and believe me, Nokia had something special here and they REALLY blew it. Maemo is the way to go but the lack of support from Nokia make even most early adopter thinking twice.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
@Kangal & cenwesi thanks for your replies. I'm also looking into the HTC Pyramid, I really like the look of it but I don't know much about HTC. Your thoughts?

Closed Thread

Tags
apt-get android, fanboy denial, hi i'm a douche, humor required, look at me!, mm peter, poor lil rich, thx 4 the fish, troll alert