Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked a lot but I have not been able to get the kexecboot to show up on my droid 4. I have tried it on 3 different workstation and 2 different cables but keep running to the same issue.
I have followed the wiki to a T but somehow don’t succeed with the installation. Everything goes fine except the only thing I noticed after “ sudo fastboot reboot-bootloader” command I get this error when does the bpsw “Warning: skip copying bpsw image avb footer (bpsw partition size: 0, bpsw image size: 4194304).“ It says [OK] for copy annd anrite after that warning. any ideas or things I can do differently?

I have two droid 4s but the issue appears to be the same on both :/. Would I need to be rooted and/or safestrap installed?

Thank you.

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Prerequirements are only to flash it to the firmware which it is linked in the wiki.
Please check the sha256 checksum from your utags-mmcblk1p13.bin and droid4-kexecboot.img.

Another thing could be the cable or a not so tight usb port.
I needed to bend the upper metal edge from the usb socket, that the plug get more pressed to the contacts.

Thanks, I’ll keep trying. I verified the checksums were fine but still no luck.Ill try to source another cable and report back. I have tried it on 3 separate laptops.

Just an update.

I bought another cable and used a usb hub to finally get it to work. Now I have two droids with Maemo and Lineage

Thank you guys!