Active Topics

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Xi'an, China
My n900 fell to the ground and couldn't start. I flashed its ROM and then it could start. However, it can't read the 32G storage and always shows 'internal error' or 'not enough memory'. I see 'settings-memory' and find it says that memory card corrupted. And the memory for installable applications just has 93MB available. Now it can't run any programs except giving a call. I want to flash its EMMC, but n900 can't connect with PC. However, sometimes its internal storage appeared for a while.And all files can be seen. But then it random restarts so that I must flash it again to start it. On X-Terminal, I input 'cd /dev' and 'ls' and I find the partition mmcblk0p1, sometimes can't.
Can anyone tell me how should I do?

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
I think you should take it to a NOKIA care. Guessing how hard the fall was, I doubt it has only s/w problems...

Originally Posted by zifis View Post
I think you should take it to a NOKIA care. Guessing how hard the fall was, I doubt it has only s/w problems...
Please what are s/w problems? Is there possibility whether its touch is bad. NOKIA Care said that the storage deformed. I'm confused

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
by s/w I mean software. If storage is damaged by the fall, no software or flashing will help...

Did NOKIA care say if they can repair it?

by s/w I mean software. If storage is damaged by the fall, no software or flashing will help...

But I'm in China now. N900 hasn't been offered in China and Nokia Care said they can't fix it. And sometimes the storage appears and I can run all programs at that time.

Have you seen the similar case at maemo talk. please? Now I have no idea.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Look to see if the magnet is still attatched under the stand on the rear and also check the sd card is seating properly and has enough spring pushing it down on the pins when it is slotted in and the guard pushed under the lips to force a tight fit.

If it is non related to the sd card then you have damaged the pcb(s) in the fall.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-03-10 at 16:01.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Look to see if the magnet is still attatched under the stand on the rear and also check the sd card is seating properly and has enough spring pushing it down on the pins when it is slotted in and the guard pushed under the lips to force a tight fit.

If it is non related to the sd card then you have damaged the pcb(s) in the fall.
Thanks. You mean I should take mine parts? ok, it's easy? I should watch the video. But I dont know which part is the disk. Nokia Care said the disk reformed from the fall. But I think it is just loose and the touch is bad, because it runs well and can read 32G storage at times. Maybe I give it pressure and it will go well, haha...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It is almost always the magnet. Nokia Care is probably wrong.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by jiangziran View Post
But I'm in China now. N900 hasn't been offered in China and Nokia Care said they can't fix it. And sometimes the storage appears and I can run all programs at that time.
Dear 同志,

I read from a China forum that you can send it back to BJ's Nokia Care for repair if it's still under int'l warranty. You can call them to verify first.

Have you purchased it in Hong Kong? If so you can send it back to their Care center at Cheung Sha Wan:

Cheung Sha Wan Care Service Centre

Unit 1001-3A, 10/F, Cheung Sha Wan Plaza Tower 2, 833 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon
(Lai Chi Kok MTR Exit A)
Reminder : Please use Cheung Sha Wan Plaza II G/F lift lobby as entrance.
Careline: 21366338
Repair Hours: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm (Mon to Sun)

P.S. FYI. you don't really need to tell them you've it fallen, because human mishandling void all kind of warranties. I'm not asking you to lie, I'm just saying you don't need to be too honest, and its okay to be forgetful.

Last edited by 9000; 2011-03-11 at 03:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post: