Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
Read your PDFs in Evince.

---------------------------------------------

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Tzeentch View Post
I upgraded to 8.11. The ebook I was reading (in .pdb format) lost it's page ,which I kinda knew was going to happen. Not really a big problem, just go back to the correct page.

The problem, though, is that the page counter (lower right next to time) isn't working anymore. It counts to five and goes back to 1.
Also, there's no more formating, no more indents, no more carriage returns, no more paragraphs.

Anybody got the same issue?
It might be that all these issues (including forgetting the page) are solved in 0.8.12. There were some fixes specifically related to page numbering.

Originally Posted by taguapire View Post
Some body knows ho to convert PFDs to native format of FBReader? or other compatible format?
If you have a Windows Desktop, I suggest trying importing the PDF into Windows MobiPocket Reader. It will convert PDF to MOBI for you. The result is not always good - it depends on the PDF. If you need a Linux solution, try pdftohtml or pdftotext (both based on xpdf).

Personally, I download any DRMed ebooks I buy (when I'm forced to use DRM) in Microsoft Reader format, and then use convertlit to decrypt them for reading into FBreader, and this has always worked almost perfectly for me, except for one book so far - Stephen Colbert's I Am America.... for some reason it doesn't create the html properly and so the hyperlinks to the pictures and footnotes are just all wrong.