Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Seems to be an improvement Serge - thanks! It's definately better with videos that had audio sampled at 44.1khz, these would always go out of synch with mplayer and - after testing for only a few minutes - they now seem to stay in synch.
Thanks for the information. Now it is interesting to know if DCr33P's files also play fine without audio/video sync.

I'm also very worried about the old problem with playback freezes on seeking, the last build should not have it anymore and everything works fine for me, but if anybody encounters this problem again, please report it.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Serge - do you plan on activating the "audio delay" sub menu in a future release as this i8s currently non-functional (at least, I can't get it to work!)

Seeking seems to work well - no hang or freeze.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-04-13 at 15:39.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Serge - do you plan on activating the "audio delay" sub menu in a future release as this i8s currently non-functional (at least, I can't get it to work!)
That's a really low priority task for me. Moreover, it's not a maemo specific bug but x86 desktop version of MPlayer also has it. As it got broken and nobody cares to fix it, I suspect that there is no demand for this feature in general (aren't videos expected to play properly even without any audio delay tweaks?).

Also implementing it may be not a very good idea, as people may start struggling with audio delay settings instead of properly reporting bugs

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Serge View Post
That's a really low priority task for me.
Ah right, I only mention it because it did work in the past and thought it might only be a configuration issue.

Originally Posted by Serge View Post
As it got broken and nobody cares to fix it, I suspect that there is no demand for this feature in general (aren't videos expected to play properly even without any audio delay tweaks?).
True, but I always thought it nice to have this feature available "just in case" (as has been necessary up until the .14 build which seems to have fixed my out-of-sync 44.1khz videos) No big deal.

iam trying to install the latest mplayer but there is this error that says it need libxv1 to continue installing.

is there a way to fix this? and since everybody seems to care about the n800, i have an 770.

Originally Posted by username49 View Post
iam trying to install the latest mplayer but there is this error that says it need libxv1 to continue installing.
The latest recommended version of MPlayer for Nokia 770 is mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.9 right now. Almost all the next builds mostly addressed various N800 related problems and there wasn't much sense to provide updated packages for Nokia 770.

is there a way to fix this? and since everybody seems to care about the n800, i have an 770.
Everybody cared about N800 lately just because it had much more problems than 770 with MPlayer (and with the built-in player before the latest firmware update). Surely, supporting N800 takes time which could be otherwise used for Nokia 770 related improvements, but that is life.

PS. That's offtopic here, but I myself still prefer Nokia 770 design (hard cover) and the ability to hold it firmly with just one hand. I mostly use it for e-books reading on the subway (Nokia 770 really shines for e-books) and sometimes for watching transcoded video. So for my usage pattern, Nokia 770 is clearly better than N800 at the moment (which could be changed with a dramatic N800 video performance improvement later). I'm definitely not going to drop development and support for Nokia 770, at least while my unit is alive and working.

Huh, I hear my name I am going to test now...

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Cologne, Germany
Can those who had problems with audio/video synchronization on some files test these files with the latest version mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.14.800 again and report results? I have rewritten mp3 audio passthrough fake decoder to make audio/video work better with variable bitrate audio. On the other hand, that's relatively a lot of changes, so testing is required to ensure that nothing else got broken. Please don't hesitate and report any problems.
As of .13.800, MPlayer started for the first time to play in the expected way all the files I have (various 300-1500 MB avi's with different codecs, not encoded exclusively for N800 but for my desktop linux PC). I had never had problems with audio sync. However, concerning the second problem from the changelog, I can confirm that under .14.800 my N800 doesn't hang anymore when seeking forward (or backward, as it is). Before .13.800 the seeking was extremely unstable, in .13.800 it was improved. My tests with several video files, consisting of frequent jumping forward and backward, caused under .14.800 no hangs at all.

Not to forget, thank you Serge indeed for your efforts, without your work on porting MPlayer, the 8 GB card in my N800 would be quite useless.

Originally Posted by kingchurch View Post
The new release of MPlyaer is great!
Just wondering how to make RTSP streaming work with MPlayer ? Is the Live555 module easy to be compiled with MPlayer ? Any hints where to start to port the Live555 to N800 for Mplayer ?

Thanks!
Kc
It's just one configure option, pretty easy I'd say.
If you point me out to some rtsp:// url I'll tell you if it works or not

Originally Posted by zok View Post
As of .13.800, MPlayer started for the first time to play in the expected way all the files I have (various 300-1500 MB avi's with different codecs, not encoded exclusively for N800 but for my desktop linux PC)
Could you give details for some of the codecs and bitrates/resolutions that you used?
I still hesitate to buy a N800 as I'd like to use it as a portable video player without re-encoding everything I already have.

Helge.