With the rise of more powerful phones, and me being in the market for a new phone, I am considering getting n900 or maybe the newer n9. I was just wondering does the n900 still stack up to newer phones.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by thexjacob View Post
With the rise of more powerful phones, and me being in the market for a new phone, I am considering getting n900 or maybe the newer n9. I was just wondering does the n900 still stack up to newer phones.
If you are looking for just a phone, don't buy an N900.

The N900 is much more than that.
I can't begin to tell you the things I can do with my N900 that I couldn't
do with a smartphone.

Wouldn't swap it for any phone.

Last edited by macey; 2012-08-12 at 21:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by macey View Post
If you are looking for just a phone, don't buy an N900.

The N900 is much more than that.
I can't begin to tell you the things I can do with my N900 that I couldn't
do with a smartphone.

Wouldn't swap it for any phone.
I am well aware that the n900 is more than a phone its kind of obvious really

it works fine if you mod the battery for have longer life, and fix the usb port so it doesnt fall out, and the applications you need are in the repos, it actually works pretty perfectly. and the way it does it is pretty damn nice too, ah i miss my n900 :/

look my friend I'll say in a nutshell, the N900 is not a phone is a computer that can be exploited to the fullest, I write from experience. 8 reflash I throw my monster, the internet speed is incomparable, games you want on the PSX, N64 pes02 rally 2.0 in Mario Kart 64, finally a beast. my wife buy a android xperia neo v, pardon the exprecion respectfully sucks, you can not more than three aplicacione Terner strong open and locked. must remove the cover and the battery and turn it back on, we're talking about a phone, 2011 with 512ram, and now with the work of community ssu thumb the N900 is a jewel who knows what is in the hands that it is valued everything is just .........

The Following User Says Thank You to dudubaryosaf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
This one is the one that never go old,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
if its good today, well, its up to you...

It cant compeate when it comes to video, web content. But i still use my n900 more than my n9, but just for fun and for the hw keyboard.

But cant compete with galaxy note since i love big screens. Dont love android but can live with it. If you can find a cheap n900 buy it, otherwise wait for galaxy note 2. Announced later this month, Its a beast.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-08-12 at 22:40.

When it comes to smartphones, they will always be better, faster, nicer and so on, but the n900 will stay one of a kind forever :P

Depends what you want and what you mean by powerful phones. A n900 can be a truly powerful device if you know what youre doing. I myself prefer more unique. Had my n900 since the beginning ( nothing broke, usb intact, overclocked at 1.15ghz for almost 1.5 years in southern california ) now plan on buying a new n9 still keeping my n900 though

Fun to be special and not see an iphone, or galaxy everywhere you look

Last edited by mrk88; 2012-08-12 at 22:01.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Originally Posted by thexjacob View Post
Depends on what you want to do with your device. Both are very capable but I'd go with a N9 since it's newer, has NFC and imho looks more sleek. Also, n9 UI rocks - using it is like riding an awesome rainbow-filled star unicorn against badass explosion in the background, with Morgan Freeman providing commentary (side note: your experience may vary).

However, try to list your 'must have' features of a phone and see if you don't require n900 for some of them instead of n9 (like better office package or hw keyboard).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don.edri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
just a day ago ,blue maemo got a lot people convinced when my friend was trying to scroll up sitting close to my laptop and i was over the next sofa ,sliding the scroll downwards with my N900,my friend was so annoyed with that ,lol.N900 is fun totally ,apart from slowness of the handset .It is definitely pretty slow and it lacks many apps too .But it is also true that whoever owns it,knows it ,falls in love with this great innovation .just buy it ,there is still nothing like N900.