Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
I apologize for not keeping up with this thread, is the long term plan for Cordia to have it run on the N9? Also, is there a place to make donations to help with development?
The long term plan is to have Cordia run on whatever devices Mer (or similar linux core) is adapted to run on. I believe that includes N9/50 at present.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
I apologize for not keeping up with this thread, is the long term plan for Cordia to have it run on the N9? Also, is there a place to make donations to help with development?
It should be fairly easy to modify https://github.com/Cordia/images/blo...rmv7hl-n900.ks for N9/50 and rebuild the image.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PartyboyXP View Post
That build is compatible with N900 ?
i586 builds are not compatible with N900

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
I have been trying to build cordia on ubuntu x86, all packages compile without errors, except the cordia package itself.

there is a single compilation error:

hd-launcher-editor.c:403:58: error: 'HILDON_UI_MODE_EDIT' undeclared (first use in this function)

402 /* and the icon view. */
403 priv->icon_view = hildon_gtk_icon_view_new_with_model (HILDON_UI_MODE_EDIT,
404 priv->model);

*this error occurs both when compiling against the modified gtk with maemo changes or against gtk from ubuntu repository, I guess I am missing something here ??
*compiling against the modified gtk with maemo changes generated a ton of other problems with enumerators being defined multiple times.
enumerators already defined in libhildon are redifined in modified gtk ??
*HILDON_UI_MODE_EDIT is neither defined nor used at all elsewhere, I commented lines 403,404 of hd-launcher-editor.c for the compilation to continue.

there is also a linking error:

/usr/bin/ld: ../src/launcher/.libs/liblauncher.a(libutil_la-hd-transition.o): undefined reference to symbol 'cos@@GLIBC_2.0'

this is solved easily by adding libm.so to the linker commandline

after building and installation are done, what steps should be taken for testing ? how to attempt to start hildon-desktop ?

attached is a file containing the exact steps taken.

All help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: txt steps.txt (6.8 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by ivyking; 2012-07-09 at 10:26.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivyking For This Useful Post:
It would be helpfull if you would tell what code are you trying to build.
Please create an issue at https://github.com/Cordia/hildon-desktop/issues describing your environment and exact SHA of the code you build.

Take a look at https://github.com/Cordia/images/blo...hd-i586.ks#L76 to see how we currently start hildon-* services.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
Since copy/paste is a luxury we don't have in MeeGo CE yet, I've put a script together to make the installation easier - it will download the items listed in the official instructions, and wget/rpm the dependancies which cannot be downloaded by zypper.
it will also modify /etc/sysconfig/uxlaunch to switch to hildon-desktop.

Save the attached file in MeeGo through Fennec, open a terminal
Type su and press Return, then meego and return to get admin rights.
Now type
sh /home/meego/Documents/instcordia.txt

If prompted for anything, press y to continue.

For those of you who wish to do this manually, here is the code:
Code:
# Download and install dependancy sound-theme-freedesktop-0.7-2.1.noarch.rpm 
wget "http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/builds/1.2.0.90/1.2.0.90.0.20110517.1/repos/oss/armv7hl/packages/noarch/sound-theme-freedesktop-0.7-2.1.noarch.rpm" -O /home/meego/sound-theme-freedesktop-0.7-2.1.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh /home/meego/sound-theme-freedesktop-0.7-2.1.noarch.rpm
# Download and install dependancy sound-theme-freedesktop-0.7-2.1.noarch.rpm
wget "http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/builds/1.2.0.90/1.2.0.90.0.20110517.1/repos/oss/armv7hl/packages/noarch/gnome-mime-data-2.18.0-6.1.noarch.rpm" -O /home/meego/gnome-mime-data-2.18.0-6.1.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh /home/meego/gnome-mime-data-2.18.0-6.1.noarch.rpm
# Add Cordia DE repository and install
zypper ar "http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/smoku:/cordia/Project_DE_Trunk_standard/home:smoku:cordia.repo"
zypper refresh
zypper install cordia-status-plugins gtk2-engines-sapwood hildon-desktop hildon-home hildon-status-menu hildon-theme-cacher hildon-theme-layout libhildon libhildondesktop libosso osso-af-settings
# Download and install dependancy hildon-theme-marina-1.206-4.4.DE.noarch.rpm
wget "http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/smoku:/cordia/Project_DE_Trunk_standard/noarch/hildon-theme-marina-1.206-4.4.DE.noarch.rpm" -O /home/meego/hildon-theme-marina-1.206-4.4.DE.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh /home/meego/hildon-theme-marina-1.206-4.4.DE.noarch.rpm
# Set marina theme as default
ln -s marina /usr/share/themes/default
# Change uxlaunch to start hildon-desktop after reboot
sed -i '27s:session=/usr/bin/mcompositor:session=/usr/bin/hildon-desktop:g' /etc/sysconfig/uxlaunch
# Delete downloaded rpm files
rm /home/meego/*.rpm
Afterwards it's up to you to add themes and fonts from maemo.. For that I recommend using filebox after mounting the meego partition

Please post any bugs / glitches in normal operation, I'm sure the project maintainers would appreciate it.. otherwise they cannot be fixed!

For more direct contact via the mailing list send a mail to cordia-dev+subscribe@lists.xiaoka.com to subscribe
Will this work on Nemo? Or does it even still work in MeeGo Ce?

I can't find the cordiahd.org page, seems it's on another owner now, and also all the links refering to the project. How can I download a N900 image? Or even the RPM packages to build it? Thanks.

I have this image.

elros34, does that image work?

Tags
cordia, fremantle ux, hildon, maemo 5 ux, meego, sanctuary, the garden