Poll: do Do you feel cheated by the lack of usefull applications for the front facing camera?
Poll Options
do Do you feel cheated by the lack of usefull applications for the front facing camera?

I think the title says it all. Since video chat is pretty much useless on this here tablet, i was wondering if it was possible to capture a video clip? not sure what i will do with it maybe an email to my honey when she needs a happy boost at work. I searched around but only found complaints about its low resolution or freezing issues. please respond, even if its not possible

*bump

anyone?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Monroe, Washington
Not to my knowledge. But even if Nokia allowed such a thing the quality of the camera is terrible. You can at least take pictures with the camera but again, the quality is unbearable. I wished Nokia put a little more effort it the camera.

Hey dark,
Thanks for the reply. I actually found an app that takes video clips! Here is the link to the project, altho it looks like its a dead one. The image quality in the app actually looks better than any other I tried give it a run.
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/camera/

*EDIT I just emailed it to my PC and was unable to open it with windows media player. I have no 3rd party codecs installed ATM so I'm gonna have to research a little to see what it encodes at. the output is an AVI file.

Last edited by mrdally204; 2010-01-31 at 06:19.

I tried mencoder for creating video clips on N8x0. You can get a short but perfectly smooth video clip, with the side effect that it consumes such enormous amounts of RAM the tablet reboots itself easily.
Or, a longer clip with reduced framerate. The bottleneck is in encoding the video fast enough...