Notices

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I haven't tried setting up Buddy on Windows yet, but I'll give it a try soon.

I really like the icons that Buddy uses. krk969, did you design these yourself?

I also really like the way you can have multiple budgets under a single category, with different periods, some pro-rated, some not. This really makes planning expenses a breeze.

And finally, I really like the flexible ways in which Buddy reports actual expenses and budgets in the 'trends' view. I just discovered that swiping up/down changes the views, from year to year, from month to month, and from week to week, and swiping left/right changes the period of the current view. Nice!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by esiravegna View Post
Did anybody succeeded on syncing between Windows 7 and the phone? I've enabled traffic via the firewall,and I see both messages of starting sync whenever I start the process on the phone or on the pc, in each other, but nothing seems to happen (a 'sync finished' message, with an empty log, and no changes) or it keeps syncing and nothing happens...
sorry couldnt get back earlier, this was a silly issue, will issue an update in a few minutes....
Travelapp - london underground status/planner ( website )
Batlevel - desktop widget for battery level ( website )

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I haven't tried setting up Buddy on Windows yet, but I'll give it a try soon.

I really like the icons that Buddy uses. krk969, did you design these yourself?

I also really like the way you can have multiple budgets under a single category, with different periods, some pro-rated, some not. This really makes planning expenses a breeze.

And finally, I really like the flexible ways in which Buddy reports actual expenses and budgets in the 'trends' view. I just discovered that swiping up/down changes the views, from year to year, from month to month, and from week to week, and swiping left/right changes the period of the current view. Nice!
Thanks for the appreciation.
the icons were my idea but were executed by my wife in photoshop so credits go to her ! I liked the chunky feel of these buttons, blended with the phone I thought. I hope no more features are requested as you can see my buttons getting smaller with each update
btw the swiping tricks are mentioned on buddy's website, in case you haven't read yet , there are perhaps more tricks you will reveal to yourself soon.

Ive released an update 0.3-3 for maemo/linux/windows.
esiravegna, this should fix that silly wireless sync issue once you have updated though your app manager and also the windows version. Thanks for pointing out the issue.
noetus, Ive added negative amounts to be set up in buddy for now.

cheers

Last edited by krk969; 2011-03-03 at 22:08.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cordoba,Argentina
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
Ive released an update 0.3-3 for maemo/linux/windows.
esiravegna, this should fix that silly wireless sync issue once you have updated though your app manager and also the windows version. Thanks for pointing out the issue.
noetus, Ive added negative amounts to be set up in buddy for now.

cheers
Sync works like a charm. Moving all my budgeting to buddy and providing feedback later.

Thanks!

BTW, on the windows version, the Expense dropdown got a white background, and combined with the white fonds make text unreadable...not that this will prevent me from using it

The Following User Says Thank You to esiravegna For This Useful Post:
Sync works like a charm. Moving all my budgeting to buddy and providing feedback later.

Thanks!

BTW, on the windows version, the Expense dropdown got a white background, and combined with the white fonds make text unreadable...not that this will prevent me from using it
thanks for confirming the sync works.
About the white background, that might be due to the theme setting in windows , if you alter the window background or similar to a dark colour then it might help, since I use it in ubuntu linux with a dark theme. But this is just a work around for you now.
I will see if I can fix it in the windows version of buddy .

Hello esiravegna
You can simulate the transfer by just changing the account name of the entry , as simple as that
hope that helps.

cheers.
Ok, I've tried this, however it doesnt work as I tought. Let me try to clarify the scenario. Seven months ago I've bough a fixed bycicle on payments, 12 to be precise. (I love the ability of Buddy to create a recurring transaction on my credit card, btw ). Now, I receive the credit card statement, and along some other charges (as the statement emission, buying insurance and the like) I have that payment due (one of the 12). I'd find better to create a transaction from my banking account to the credit card for the total of the statement, instead moving the whole buy to the bank account (that would happens if I change the account).

*EDIT*

I've just simulated the concept by using the new negative amount on the accounts: added the credit card statement amount as negative on my banking account, and as positive on my credit card,

I hope I was able to explain myself...english is not my mother tongue, sorry.

Thanks for all your ward work!

Last edited by esiravegna; 2011-03-03 at 23:04. Reason: Still trying to picture this...

Ok, I've tried this, however it doesnt work as I tought. Let me try to clarify the scenario. Seven months ago I've bough a fixed bycicle on payments, 12 to be precise. (I love the ability of Buddy to create a recurring transaction on my credit card, btw ). Now, I receive the credit card statement, and along some other charges (as the statement emission, buying insurance and the like) I have that payment due (one of the 12). I'd find better to create a transaction from my banking account to the credit card for the total of the statement, instead moving the whole buy to the bank account (that would happens if I change the account).

*EDIT*

I've just simulated the concept by using the new negative amount on the accounts: added the credit card statement amount as negative on my banking account, and as positive on my credit card,

I hope I was able to explain myself...english is not my mother tongue, sorry.

Thanks for all your ward work!
excellent way to do it. That should work.
I was going to suggest create an expense on the current account and then add entries of the same amount under the credit card account, since paying your credit card is actually one sort of expense.
but then this is exactly what I wanted from buddy, flexible enough to suit any need.

Having said that, I'll try and issue an update where we can set up an account transfer with a single click to make it easier and maybe I'll try and implement an interest calculation option and be able to transfer that to accounts etc.

cheers.

Having said that, I'll try and issue an update where we can set up an account transfer with a single click to make it easier and maybe I'll try and implement an interest calculation option and be able to transfer that to accounts etc.
cheers.
That'd be awesome, thanks!

Have you figured out how to associate multiple accounts to a category? I'll become a dad next June, so I'm doing some reforms to the house, and I've created a special category, with its budget, to it. Problem is, some expenses come out from the bank, some other from the credit card, and it'd be great to have just one budget.

Thanks, and have a great weekend.

updated ( v0.3-4 ) russian translations.
Thanks to Sergey Lihobabin.

cheers

Tags
budget manager, budget planner, expense manager, money manager