Notices

Originally Posted by tolgapaksoy View Post
If ANY Android application is possible with Alien Dalvik, the Dolphin HD browser will be possible too. So there might be a possibility for Flash 10.1
I doubt it considering Flash 10.1 would still be a plugin for an Android OS (I think) What this allows (if I am correct) is the ability to run applications coded with dalvik. If the application makes a call for the Flash plugin built into the Android OS and the OS is Maemo then Flash content wouldn't work.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Since Alien Dalvik is build top of Qt, I am not surprised to know soon it is coming also for Symbian and WP7.
Hah, and there is genius in it

Porting Qt to WP7 or Android gives Nokia nothing. Zero. Null.

But making Android apps running on Symbian and MeeGo is big coup for Nokia. Why? Because best way for developers to get to Symbian/MeeGo users is through Ovi store where Nokia will get its percentage.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I doubt it considering Flash 10.1 would still be a plugin for an Android OS (I think) What this allows (if I am correct) is the ability to run applications coded with dalvik. If the application makes a call for the Flash plugin built into the Android OS and the OS is Maemo then Flash content wouldn't work.
TweakFlash Plugin?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
With this app, I will never leave my Maemo5 device
Why use Android? if you can use Maemo5 and still be able to take advantage of the Android apps without having to switching over.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cordoba,Argentina
Any toughts on supporting some low level hardware layers, suchs as GPS? I know on the video they showed Google Maps, but I didn't see any satellite lock...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
With this app, I will never leave my Maemo5 device
Why use Android? if you can use Maemo5 and still be able to take advantage of the Android apps without having to switching over.
only one problem. You need to put your hands on it. How are you going to to that?

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Funny that all these developments like flash 10.1 and now this happen on this apparently "crap" phone with a "crap" OS...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Impressive video, especially since it specifically mentions a chess app. No one has managed to create a decent chess app for the N900 despite promises and support from the highest levels.

But if I saw the video correctly, the chess program had the king on f2 early in the opening. Not very promising, that.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
It's the little frankenstein nokia mobile that could. Palm OS games. Android Apps......anyone need anything from wp7 or iOS? I'm sure something will work out.

Hmm.. from their website it seems to repackage android apps so they look and run as native apps. I'm not convinced it's going to be for end users or cheap. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is more of a mating call aimed at nokia.

Tags
2014 no dalvik, android, dalvik, its christmas!, java vm, just shoot me, maemo, meegdroid, meego