Originally Posted by vaporeso View Post
So theres no chance to solve this bluetooth problem on the next power kernel release?
ive been having this problem since v46 and is really anoying, anyway behaiviour is as described by darkslayer on post #771, if solving this on the next power kernel is not going to happen, is there some way to manually load the original kernel files alone for the bluetooth? at least to try if they work in this way,
thanks
I cannot reproduce this error. And nobody other which has bluetooth headphones did not tell me which git commit broke bluetooth support. So I do not know which kernel modules have errors and which needs to be fixed. I know nothing relevant about this problem and nobody other is investigating this problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
It would nice if someone compile a tusbd.ko module for power kernel from usb redirector (previously named usb server) linux armel source code

http://www.usb-server.com/downloads.html

Originally Posted by pali View Post
I cannot reproduce this error. And nobody other which has bluetooth headphones did not tell me which git commit broke bluetooth support. So I do not know which kernel modules have errors and which needs to be fixed. I know nothing relevant about this problem and nobody other is investigating this problem.
is there any way i could help? im no programer but im willing to trie any sugestions,
also, to add to the other issues reported, once this kind of "idle mode" starts the bluetooth commands from the headphone still work ok, except for the next or previous command in the music player, if any of this commands is issued it skips a simingly random amount of songs and not just one.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
I installed sysklogd and tried to reproduce bug with bluetooth headset.
I got this in the syslog:
Code:
Jul  1 13:39:59 Nokia-N900 bluetoothd[1256]: Suspend request timed out
Jul  1 13:39:59 Nokia-N900 bluetoothd[1256]: suspend failed
Jul  1 13:40:01 Nokia-N900 bluetoothd[1256]: Transaction label doesn't match
Jul  1 13:40:02 Nokia-N900 ke_recv[2067]: device_removed:2638: udi: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input_1
Jul  1 13:40:03 Nokia-N900 mce[1108]: Error accessing /dev/input/event4 (condition: 16). Ignoring
Jul  1 13:40:03 Nokia-N900 mce[1108]: Error when reading from /dev/input/event4: No such device
Jul  1 13:40:03 Nokia-N900 mce[1108]: GLIB CRITICAL ** GLib - g_io_channel_seek_position: assertion `(error == NULL) || (*error == NULL)' failed
mce messages repeated many times
Jul  1 13:40:04 Nokia-N900 headset-control[1891]: GLIB DEBUG mafw-dbus - parsing [signal] (null)/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer: com.nokia.mafw.extension.property_changed(sv)
Button on headset pressed (to reconnect headset to phone)
Jul  1 13:40:43 Nokia-N900 bluetoothd[1256]: Refusing unexpected connect from 65:72:5B:10:A1:21
Jul  1 13:40:44 Nokia-N900 headset-control[1891]: GLIB DEBUG mafw-dbus - parsing [signal] (null)/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer: com.nokia.mafw.extension.property_changed(sv)
Jul  1 13:40:59 Nokia-N900 headset-control[1891]: GLIB DEBUG mafw-dbus - parsing [signal] (null)/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer: com.nokia.mafw.extension.property_changed(sv)
Jul  1 13:41:58 Nokia-N900 headset-control[1891]: GLIB DEBUG mafw-dbus - parsing [signal] (null)/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer: com.nokia.mafw.extension.property_changed(sv)

The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverYoung For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Any chance of getting the uboot package for kernel-power v46 updated to work with v47? As with so many other things, it is maintained by Mohammad...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Any chance of getting the uboot package for kernel-power v46 updated to work with v47? As with so many other things, it is maintained by Mohammad...
I'm not ready to commit to maintaining anything else just yet (aircrack-ng isn't really too time consuming but alpine still needs working-on), so I won't package and upload a power47 version bump over Mohammad's one, but I can make the uboot+kerner-power47 image and just post it up for download if anyone really wants it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Pali,
My videos are stuttering when I view them. Any idea how to debug?

How do you compile kernel power 47 ?

I tried compiling the source in scratchbox, but that does not seem to work.

When installing the kernel-power-source package, I could compile the kernel in scratchbox (after some small changes). But that seems to be the source for kernel power v46, not v47.

I successfully linked an (modified) version of a later v4l tree to the kernel-power-source v46 package so that I could compile modules for my DVB-T adapter. my PCTV nanostick now works with the n900, but I would like to add the modules to the kernel-power v47.
So that is why I ask how you compile the kernel-power v47. Do you use scratchbox? Or do you compile outside scratchbox using emdebian tools or something?

Package kernel-power-source does not work for v47 (will be fixed in v48).

you can compile v47 in scratchbox:
$ apt-get source kernel-power
$ cd kernel-power-*
$ dpkg-buildpackage -b

or compile with madde:
1. download dsc kernel-power package, unpack it with dpkg-source -x
2. apply madde patch
3. run mad dpkg-buildpackage -b

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
The u-boot for power46 never did work with Revision 2204 (and possibly others). It needs an updated package, which I still haven't gotten around to putting online anywhere; mostly because it's a bit of a "phantom" build which Stskeeps somehow got working. If I do a make clean then it steadfastly refuses to build any more, but I can successfully edit the config files and make it 0x38000 in size, and also add Matan's patches to remove watchdog reset amongst others, and then rebuild it (as long as I do not clean first). It's a bit odd but it does definitely work on my N900, which is a 2204.

The old package, based on the sterling work done by ali1234 here, was unfortunately the cause of all the "Starting kernel..." and then getting no further problems people were having, which could only be resolved by a battery pull (and resulted in many distrusting u-boot because it was notoriously a PITA to remove).

Last edited by Tigerite; 2011-07-08 at 15:15.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou