Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Hello there.

Yesterday Ive faced strange problem. Im using my n900 with Cssu Stable. Just after updating I enabled screen rotation, but, its good way to get yourself ONE BIG LAG. Doesnt work for me, so I send a false command:

Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false

It disabled rotation, but (again but, huh? ), when screen is locked n900 somehow turns back to portrait and locks itself in that mode. How do I know? The volume keys works like in portrait, and the Lock screen is in portrait, i really dont know what to do. I dont mind using counterwise volume keys, but when Im unlocking the device it needs to back to landscape mode, most of the time doing so through ONE BIG LAG.

LAG, LAG, LAG, LAG, LAG, LAAAAAAG.

Last edited by Ridd92; 2016-03-22 at 05:27.

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Please read this thread.

Conclusion would be to use status-area-orientationlock-applet and for the phone application set it separately in the configuration.

You should check also: gconftool-2 -s /system/systemui/tklock/auto_rotation -t bool false

Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Please read this thread.

Conclusion would be to use status-area-orientationlock-applet and for the phone application set it separately in the configuration.
I never used orientationlock-applet, so I suppose that problem is somewhere different.

Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
You should check also: gconftool-2 -s /system/systemui/tklock/auto_rotation -t bool false
Now, this is strange, sometimes (when phone is locked) orientation is ok, I mean landscape, but sometimes is in portrait, even when keyboard is slided out! Accelerometer malfunction? Im running out of ideas.

First you should install orientation applet. It sets not only ui_can_rotate but also orientation_lock.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
First you should install orientation applet. It sets not only ui_can_rotate but also orientation_lock.
Looks like it's working, I will check it out for few hours and report it tomorrow.

For now, thank you all for support!

yep, all is right

Last edited by Ridd92; 2016-03-22 at 05:26. Reason: Problem solved

The Following User Says Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:

Tags
screen rotation