Notices

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Thanks works for wifite.py But when you run ettercap(not through YAMAS) it has also to the problem of /tmp being to small and stops after some time with capturing

So that's why I asked too

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Thanks works for wifite.py But when you run ettercap(not through YAMAS) it has also to the problem of /tmp being to small and stops after some time with capturing

So that's why I asked too
Well you could symlink /tmp/ to /opt/tmp with

Code:
ln -s /tmp/ /opt/
or something. I don't know just experiment. Might make your device non bootable, might not.

Be brave and find out for the rest of us.

Dudes, resizing your /tmp is only until you reboot, so /opt problem solved. Wanna hack, get 31MB free, you still would have to.

vi_,

'%TMPDIR' is believe what is in wifite.py, so your command might not work, no idea.

You seem to be mighty linux guy, can/could you pinpoint the part in wifitie.py that dumps ivs there and deletes on exit? It always uses wep01.ivs filename, and with -p0841 attack it would be really great if it dumped it and not delete after unsuccessful crack. Sometimes running twice/thrice is required.

Last edited by szopin; 2011-06-19 at 12:22.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Dudes, resizing your /tmp is only until you reboot, so /opt problem solved. Wanna hack, get 31MB free, you still would have to.

vi_,

'%TMPDIR' is believe what is in wifite.py, so your command might not work, no idea.

You seem to be mighty linux guy, can/could you pinpoint the part in wifitie.py that dumps ivs there and deletes on exit? It always uses wep01.ivs filename, and with -p0841 attack it would be really great if it dumped it and not delete after unsuccessful crack. Sometimes running twice/thrice is required.
wifite patch/script to remove tmp problem.

tmp is defined at the start of the program using python mkdtemp function/call/thingy.

If you felt that non-removal of -p0841 files would be of benefit I highly suggest you get in contact with the creator of wifite.py. I am not keen to 'butcher' his work and break compatibility with future upgrades.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Tried to, no reply so far (1 month) which is why I'm reaching to other people. If it's addition (or removal) of one line, doesn't seem that butchery to me :P

<edit> Still after each update we have to change AUTOCRACK=9000 to a higher value as that kills N900 processor and is highly unlikely in most situations

Last edited by szopin; 2011-06-19 at 12:59.

After some test I see that rootfs space is unaffected by thhe space of /tmp/
I made tmp 16'MB and coppied a musicfile of 8MB to it, ran df -h and I saw that rootfs space still was the same

So god knows where the space from /tmp is pulled from :O as opt didn't change also... gonna investigate if we can set 32MB as default of /tmp on boot...

edit: Never changed autocrack value :P Just put that ***** on 1GHZ and you have the key in les than 4 minutes

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2011-06-19 at 13:40.

As N900 seems to have a limit of around 200 packets/second it takes 6-7mins to get 50000 ivs which normally is enough. I noticed that -p0481 attacks sometimes generates dubiuos data, which is why I would love for Wifite script to dump it and append as 2-3 attacks is enough (maybe I got lucky and there was casual user in the meantime, no idea) in most cases.

Yes I had a pm with agogdata yesterday and I already told him that the pps limit is better to be set to 200 pps as it will work better for longer ranges and its a reasonable value for a mobile device

Yesterday I had cracked my own Network and that was to be exactly in 3 minutes and 36 seconds That's the ideal situation tho

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2011-06-19 at 14:17.

Yeah, with signal around -50 my own went swiftly in around 4 mins. In most _working_ cases it's 85-90 and gettin 100+ is excellent. Having to manually copy the ivs from auto-tool is a biatch though

I'm just curious, can WPA networks be cracked ? cause it asks for a dictionary.
and upgrading wifite (thanks to mr_pingu) seems to work better but still no luck with cracking

Tags
free internetz, hack the gibson, hack the planet