Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by NokNok770 View Post
I'm still pissed at Nokia, but it's getting harder at these prices. I just might give in and buy one today at 279.
Ha! Your loyalty CAN be bought!

Originally Posted by tournstone View Post
I also am very happy with my 770. But I walked into a closing CompUSA today here in Houston and got an N800 for $279.99! I just couldn't pass it up either. It's the Willowbrook Mall location here in Houston and they had three left after I got mine if anyone is in the area and interested. No 770 there though.
I assume you mean the one beside Office Max??? I was there yesterday and it was 319 still, so when I saw this post I went back and there's still 3 left and it still says 319. I ask the guy there and he said no it's not 279 that that sticker 319 is the price.

I guess it wasn't meant to be. Fate is trying to tell me not to buy it. I was all excited to get one, but now that I calmed down, maybe it's a good thing I didn't buy it. Oh well...
"less is like more but better"

wow, looks like a lot of 770/800 user in Houston. I was just at the Willowbrook compusa yesterday and saw they had 3 left, but the price was 319.99. I'm still pissed at Nokia, but it's getting harder at these prices. I just might give in and buy one today at 279. I'm going to check it again after work.
That's how it was marked at Willowbrook, but if you had them scan it at the counter, the price was what I mentioned I got.

I assume you mean the one beside Office Max??? I was there yesterday and it was 319 still, so when I saw this post I went back and there's still 3 left and it still says 319. I ask the guy there and he said no it's not 279 that that sticker 319 is the price.

I guess it wasn't meant to be. Fate is trying to tell me not to buy it. I was all excited to get one, but now that I calmed down, maybe it's a good thing I didn't buy it. Oh well...

Quote:
wow, looks like a lot of 770/800 user in Houston. I was just at the Willowbrook compusa yesterday and saw they had 3 left, but the price was 319.99. I'm still pissed at Nokia, but it's getting harder at these prices. I just might give in and buy one today at 279. I'm going to check it again after work.

That's how it was marked at Willowbrook, but if you had them scan it at the counter, the price was what I mentioned I got.

Damn...I should have let them scan to check the price...that punk at compUSA just doesn't care about selling anymore...most of them just goofing off at the store.

Another thing I just comes to mind. All those people who bought extended warranty from compusa are probably screwed now.

Well...I went back to compusa at Willowbrook and ask them to ring it up even though they insist it was 319. Came up 279. So I got it...Looks like I caved in to Nokia and bought one. I should change my nick to NokNok-N800 Playing with it now...love the screen.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Well...I went back to compusa at Willowbrook and ask them to ring it up even though they insist it was 319. Came up 279. So I got it...Looks like I caved in to Nokia and bought one. I should change my nick to NokNok-N800 Playing with it now...love the screen.
Congrats on your new N800!!
hehehehehe I just came back from there about 2hrs ago.... I got my self a multimedia reader 17 in 1 for 10 bucks

Last edited by SeRi@lDiE; 2007-03-16 at 03:02.

GREAT! I knew I wasn't dreaming. Now go over to MicroCenter and get a couple of 2gb SD cards for $12.99 (each).

SO when you went back did they still insist it was $319? I had one weasel of a sales associate who seemed scared to say anything, but then another there, female with synthetically red hair who was very nice and helpful. Both were just poorly informed and reading what was on the yellow tag, but once scanned by the computer at the register, the correct price came up. I never went back to either sales associate to inform them...my bad. At the Sugarland store, they were all just hanging out it seemed...much more relaxed, but when approached they were all very willing to help. I think it's just chaos in CompUSA now-a-days and I agree they probably don't feel very motivated. But under the circumstances, who would?

hhhmmmm, $279 is about the only reason i would use to buy the N800, unfortunately none of the stores are closing by me.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by tournstone View Post
GREAT! I knew I wasn't dreaming. Now go over to MicroCenter and get a couple of 2gb SD cards for $12.99 (each).

SO when you went back did they still insist it was $319? I had one weasel of a sales associate who seemed scared to say anything, but then another there, female with synthetically red hair who was very nice and helpful. Both were just poorly informed and reading what was on the yellow tag, but once scanned by the computer at the register, the correct price came up. I never went back to either sales associate to inform them...my bad. At the Sugarland store, they were all just hanging out it seemed...much more relaxed, but when approached they were all very willing to help. I think it's just chaos in CompUSA now-a-days and I agree they probably don't feel very motivated. But under the circumstances, who would?
12.99 2GIG SD Card???
I am on my way to Microcenter right now!

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
I hadn't checked this site in a while...and when I saw the thread on the main page I was like "Compusa is closing!?!?...I better spend this $400 store credit I got from returning my 770..."....called my girlfriend and told her to go over to the one right by our house...since I was at work, and she said it was dry. SHe said they didn't have ****. So I left work early to get to the one by my work. They had 3 N800's and 1 or 2 770's but the 770's were also $280...

I almost faught with one of the guys there because one guy told me it's %30 off of the $399.99 meaning it's $120 off, I was waiting for my girlfriend to come with my store credit. The guy which told me that was busy and some other dude helped me out...and while I was at the register, I was about to pay, when he came back and said "uhh, they're only taking %5 off"...I'm like "What?!?, why!?", He says, they're treating it like a computer and computers are only %5 off, yet the laptops and PC's were %10 off, NOTHING he said made sense. I found the first guy that was helping me and told him what happened, and he eventually straightened it out.