Code:
ls -l el.qml 
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4041 2013-12-24 11:28 el.qml
Then, in layouts.conf I have introduced the following 2 lines:

Code:
[el.qml]
name=Hellenic
languageCode=EL
I have restarted Sailfish. I can't see a way to identify the "EL" under the languages in the settings. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any hint.

Originally Posted by Nikos Alexandris View Post
Hi! I need some help. I have placed the code under

Code:
/usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts
named as

Code:
ls -l el.qml 

Code:
[el.qml]
name=Hellenic
languageCode=EL
UpDate: I changed that to Greek, although it should not be important, right?

I have restarted Sailfish. I can't see a way to identify the "EL" under the languages in the settings. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any hint.

I got it now: it only concerns the keyboard, not the "Language" settings. Sorry. It works :-).

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR

Code:
named as

Code:
ls -l el.qml 

Code:
[el.qml]
name=Hellenic
languageCode=EL

Thanks for any hint.
Kindly share how you moved el.qml from source path to target path and also how to edit the layouts.comf?
noob alert

Also there is a problem with this line:
Code:
        CharacterKey { caption: "τ"; captionShifted: "Τ"; symView: "5"; symView2: "₹" }
I get little square in notepad++ in place of character between quotes for
Code:
symView2: "₹"
. Will this show as character or little square in Jolla? In notepad++ I used Encoding in UTF-8 Without BOM to create the el.qml. Which encoding should be used?

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Zagreb
And here is the Croatian qwertz layout:
http://zirconium.zrs.hr/~dcihlar/jolla/hr.qml (Screenshot)

After adding a new layout, it's possible to restart only the maliit server instead of the whole device:
Code:
systemctl --user restart maliit-server.service
Btw, I was looking through the sources and it looks like there is no way to add layouts into the user directory without modifying system files (LayoutLoader.qml for example).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dcihlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Nice, thanks! Can be used also for slovenain I made my own keyboard where šđčćž are directly accesible, but have some problem(s) with spacing and is not suitable for general use.

One note for "systemctl" command -- should be run us normal user, running as root will return an error "Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to verify owner of bus."

Originally Posted by dcihlar View Post
And here is the Croatian qwertz layout:
http://zirconium.zrs.hr/~dcihlar/jolla/hr.qml (Screenshot)

After adding a new layout, it's possible to restart only the maliit server instead of the whole device:
Code:
systemctl --user restart maliit-server.service
Btw, I was looking through the sources and it looks like there is no way to add layouts into the user directory without modifying system files (LayoutLoader.qml for example).

Last edited by sponka; 2013-12-25 at 13:32.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Originally Posted by czdosi View Post
Hi Kaacz! :-) I think that original idea was to store accents like key => value array. So accent should be before accented char.
Yes, i have both version of code. But I use second. Wrong code (index*2) is more close this.

This is big question.
Now I put question to Mer people on together.jolla.com.

Last edited by Kaacz; 2013-12-24 at 23:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
Kindly share how you moved el.qml from source path to target path and also how to edit the layouts.comf?
noob alert

Also there is a problem with this line:
Code:
        CharacterKey { caption: "τ"; captionShifted: "Τ"; symView: "5"; symView2: "₹" }
I get little square in notepad++ in place of character between quotes for
Code:
symView2: "₹"
. Will this show as character or little square in Jolla? In notepad++ I used Encoding in UTF-8 Without BOM to create the el.qml. Which encoding should be used?
Probably it's just a limitation of your display font in N++
UTF8 without bom is the right encoding. Try it on your Jolla and see, or just change the symbol with something more useful.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Yeah, would probably help (also the arrows should be able to work with shift pressed). This however is a browser bug and would probably be fixed. Actually the browser does have quite a few bugs, I wonder if they have a public bug tracker for it...
Still waiting for the keyboard layout with arrows...

Will it be possible to implement with just schema change or does it need patching of binaries?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
At least I think, because of many references I found in /usr/share/maliit/, it uses Nuances XT9 prediction. XT9 is available in many languages, so that's good, but it's closed source and I can't find the place where the dictionaries are stored...

Maybe it's a good start to find out in which format they're stored, where they are located and if it is possible to add other languages, like Dutch. It could be doable since we've got an open source dictionary team, found here.
I found them, but it doesn't get any better - the languages are embedded in the QT5 plugin - a stripped so library... in /usr/lib/qt5/qml/com/jolla/xt9/libjollaxt9plugin.so

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Code:
named as

Code:
ls -l el.qml 

Code:
[el.qml]
name=Hellenic
languageCode=EL

Thanks for any hint.
Νικο ή Qwazix, αν καποιος απο τους δυο σας βρει χρονο, μια επεξηγηση της διαδικασιας βημα προς βημα (οδηγιες για ασχετους) θα ηταν ανεκτιμητη. Μεχρι στιγμης εχω βρει το directory και εχω βρει και τα αρχεια (στο τηλεφωνο, οχι ομως οταν συνδεθω με το pc). Εβαλα και τη συσκευη σε developer mode. Δεν εχω ιδεα τι πρεπει να κανω με τον κωδικα του qwazix ουτε εχω βρει τροπο να επεξεργαστω τα αρχεια qml.

ευχαριστω πολυ

The Following User Says Thank You to fotis For This Useful Post: