Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
When you say 'command does.not work' what is the message?

Are you sure you downloaded the right firmware for your model and replaced 'firmware.bin' with the full path to this file?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
When you say 'command does.not work' what is the message?

Are you sure you downloaded the right firmware for your model and replaced 'firmware.bin' with the full path to this file?
Well the problem is i couldn't find the right firmware. And i don't know how can you please give a valid link to download the right firmware

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omar_88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Check out this forum (or google)'s search funtionality!
Check out e.g.
n9.silma.nl

Find your product code (device settings or SIM tray), check the list there and download...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That worked for me too. But depending on how deeply discharged the battery is, you may need to plug-unplug-plug repeatedly for a loooooooong time. 8 hours is not entirely unusual. (I have still not built that circuit I planned to make for that purpose yet. But I will. One day. When I retire. Maybe.)
pichlo, not that I am retired, but had the same issue and finally built a circuit. Hope to have kept it as simple as possible. However some soldering is recommended.

Here you go:
You need an USB extentension cable, a MOSFET (BUZ71 or similar with max. GS-voltage of +-15V or higher), an USB-RS232 Adapter and any Linux based PC and optionally heat shrinking tube.
For ease of orientation, plug the USB extension cable to some UNPOWERED mobile phone charger and a charging cable at the other end. Carefully dismantle the cable of the extension somewhere in the middle for about two inches. Do not destroy the shielding wire since this typically act as the minus/negative connection. Pull the red positive cable and cut it. Connections:
1. Connect the red cable end coming from the charger to "drain" of the MOSFET.
2. Connect the red cable end leading to the charging cable to "source" of the MOSFET.
3. Connect the "gate" of the MOSFET to RS232 (RTS/RTR which is pin 7 of a 9-pin connector)
4. Connect GND of RS232 (pin 5 of 9) to also "source" of the MOSFET
If you mix up the connection to the RS232, no prob, since we will generate AC type voltage later anyway and the MOSFET will likely accept +- gate voltage (this is a requirement for the MOSFET of your choice).
Ok, so now let's generate the AC voltage with some absolutely brain dead shell script (feel free to post a nicer one here ...).
I used this script:
user@linux-2sj2:/data/progs> cat rs232_gpio.sh
#!/bin/sh

DEV=/dev/ttyUSB7

DELAY=0.15

while true ; do
cat $DEV &
sleep $DELAY
killall cat
sleep $DELAY
done
user@linux-2sj2:/data/progs>

Connect the RS232 adapter, check the device name and start the script using sudo. Make sure, your N9 is completely switched off. Connect the charger, extension and phone. The charging LED of the N9 must be blinking fast. Make sure, you have a fire safe environment. The N9 will not start automatically because the circuitry will trick the charging controller of the N9 by switching off right before the controller attempts to start booting the N9. You may vary the DELAY variable according to your environment.

Using this technique I managed to charge my N9 which refused the flasher trick as well as charging with ultra low constant current (15mA).

Disclaimer: YOU ARE DOING ALL OF THE ABOVE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Enjoy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris_n9 For This Useful Post: