Will the n810 through a bluetooth cell internet connection play internet video smoothly?

I've only seen video demonstrations of internet video playback through a wifi connection.

can anyone tell me if the n810 will run these sites well over bluetooth:
listen.grooveshark.com
picnik.com
pandora.com

side note: has anyone bought from antonline.com? they have the best price for the n810 on amazon. any thoughts on this vendor would be much appreciated.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by adamacosta16 View Post
Will the n810 through a bluetooth cell internet connection play internet video smoothly?

I've only seen video demonstrations of internet video playback through a wifi connection.
Honestly, I think the best answer is: it depends...on the speed of your "bluetooth cell internet connection". If you're not using a hi-speed connection (3G, LTE, whatever), I would definitely say "no". Even if you are using a 3G phone, it still depends on lots of things like connection speeds, which vary wildly if you are moving, switching from tower to tower. How many other 3G phones are using the same tower(s). And so forth.

can anyone tell me if the n810 will run these sites well over bluetooth:
listen.grooveshark.com
picnik.com
pandora.com
Personally, I've only tried pandora.com with my N800. The flash was painfully slow. I would say unusable. For streaming music, I use Vagalume and stream from last.fm. I've streamed while tethered to my LG Shine (3G) and driving to work. Occasional stutters, but listenable overall.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by adamacosta16 View Post
any thoughts on this vendor would be much appreciated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Regarding streaming -- my gf is using the built-in online radio widget all the time, never heard her complain (about that particular issue).

Regarding the ANTOnline -- I dealt with them twice, first time over ebay purchase: $0.01 item plus $5.99 shipping and of course they sent the wrong item and offered me to return it for a refund of $0.01, second time I ordered either directly from their yahoo-based store or amazon and they held my order without any communication until I requested a refund about 2 weeks later.

Last edited by stangri; 2009-02-14 at 08:01.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
I use Pandora on my N810 once in a while. But as deeteroderdas said, it's almost unusable because the heavy reliance on Flash that the site uses. It could literally take about 3 minutes before you hear the first song. Maybe if someone could get the iPhone or Windows Mobile version url to work on the NIT then life would be good. Most other times I stream through the pre-installed Internet Radio with additional stations added in or from Streamtuner.

Oh, I also use my T-Mobile 3G account (approx 750kbps) to stream but used to rely on T-Mobiles GPRS/Edge connection using 32/24kbps audio streams.

i used tmobile internet the $20 a month connected to my nokia 5610 and the video quality is not that bad at all, and if you use it just for looking some stuff {not video} the internet is very good..