Originally Posted by bnwg View Post
Yes, it can start by running the script in terminal but not by tapping the custom desktop file
Please type this into Terminal and tell me the results:

Code:
devel-su
rootme
cd /usr/share/applications/
chmod 644 waxmppplugin.desktop
cd /home/user/
chmod 755 wazapp.sh
Then open up Wazapp icon on the desktop and tell me what happens, you have to wait a little while for it to start 5-15 seconds

If you recieve permission errors then try the commands that errored as a normal NON ROOT user.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
noup it neither worked for me :/ any idea?
Let's be clear on that I do not know anything about desktop file. All i assume is you have some script, so all you need to run it is:
chmod +x "/path/to/script.sh" && /path/to/./script.sh

I have updated the instructions in the initial post, please follow the new instructions:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...66&postcount=5

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I have updated the instructions in the initial post, please follow the new instructions:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...66&postcount=5
Thxk. It works now.

The code can be input as non-root except the last line

The Following User Says Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
End result script works great here are the two scripts created from this idea!

INSTRUCTIONS!

Connect your N9 to your computer via USB and copy the waxmppplugin.desktop and wazapp.sh file onto your Device.

Now unplug the USB and open the Terminal, and type in the following. If any commands give a permissions error, try again as root.
Getting a "can't create" with the first command line. Running as root

Have to try as non-root, if it works keep going till you find a problem. After that try as root.

Last edited by GBlaster; 2012-07-08 at 20:09.

I wonder if it is possible to run the script using the default .desktop file?

Originally Posted by GBlaster View Post
Getting a "can't create" with the first command line. Running as root

Have to try as non-root, if it works keep going till you find a problem. After that try as root.
In order to move a file to the /home/user/ you need to be NON-root, and to move it to the /usr/share/applications/ you need to be Root!

Hope that helps

I wonder if it is possible to run the script using the default .desktop file?
That is the default .desktop file mate, I just edited it so that it opens the script and NOT wazapp directly

Thats why it has the same name and icon and everything else

My Contributions

In order to move a file to the /home/user/ you need to be NON-root, and to move it to the /usr/share/applications/ you need to be Root!

Hope that helps

That is the default .desktop file mate, I just edited it so that it opens the script and NOT wazapp directly

Thats why it has the same name and icon and everything else
Got it! Maybe you've already explained but I'm too lazy xD. Is it normal for the app to stop showing the splash screen when launched? Thanx!

Got it! Maybe you've already explained but I'm too lazy xD. Is it normal for the app to stop showing the splash screen when launched? Thanx!
Yes, this launches wazapp directly without the splashscreen.

Tbh the splashscreen stays on for too long sometimes and its not really a useful feature to me :P

My Contributions

@GOW424

Just a feedback:

I think most of the crashes on Wazapp that Im using is/was caused by switching of connections from Wifi to 3g and vice versa. Some of this crashes, the UI just hanged without any activity. I tried the script and experienced while it tried to reconnect the hanged Wazapp, it comes to a loop of 'connecting', 'online', 'offline'. Is there anyway to make the script to completely shutdown the app before restart and connect?

BTW, I'm using the dev version. I've able to avoid the hanged Wazapp crash by staying on 3g all the time and completely disabling Wifi connection for it.