Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Wow.

That last picture was amazing.

I don't think I would ever want that much detail though when shooting pictures of myself and friends though.

I already have enough insecurities as it is.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Ok, I admint I will buy it.
Even if the resolving power of a Nokia lens won't do justice to a cheap 41mpx cramped in a 500 USDEuro device, I was waiting for an easy to carry camera using this zoom trick in extremis.

Leica hasn't planned a Harmattan camera?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
As far as I know, it creates a 5 megapixel file. Uses 7 pixels for each pixel etc, 41 megapixels would obviously be ******ed with cell phone camera optics.
It seems to create 38mp files , if you check properties of all those samples they have 5368x7152 resolution .

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
wow...

I just checked out the unretouched picts straight out of the camera (on Nokia Conversations), and wow. Just wow.

I hope Elop was REALLY pissed off when he was told they couldn't debut the technology on WP7, at least not for another year or more...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I just hope that the fact that it is a Symbian Belle device does not count against it in the media, or in Nokia's marketing.

Yes it's a little chunky, but it is a superb bit of hardware and a lot of the features as standard in Symbian currently blow the Lumias out of the water.

My N900 contract is up soon. May see if I can get one of these, or even a very cheap deal on an N8 to accompany the N900. This indicates to me that Symbian will be around for a little while yet.

Wish they'd stuck Harmattan on the thing though

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

It can take pictures in full res, but actual resolution depends on ratio (38MPx for 16:9 iirc). The big thing here is full 1080HD video with 4x 'optical' (quality even better due to not limiting light input, but still digital technically) zoom, the real wow factor. The only sad thing is this revolution will cut out mid/low digicam producers, not smartphone competitors. Still people looking for digital cameras might turn to having one toy instead of two and buy it for the sake of awesome cam. iPhone 5 will have a hard time competing in that area, that's for sure. And 41MPx WP will be huge. Also improvement in quality for 5 and 8 MPx photos seems awesome.
Black PR from digicam producers explaining it's only MPx for PR sake commencing in 3, 2, 1...

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Been very impressed by this. This time, more i have researced more impressed i have been, that rarely happens.

While the MP count is perfect marketing, in real life this tries to blur the who idea of where you need those megapixels and for what use they are used

I'm going to buy Symbian device. Never would i have thought to say that after getting N900 for the first time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Even if the resolving power of a Nokia lens won't do justice to a cheap 41mpx cramped.....
It's a Carl-Zeiss lens
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Poor Elop, this device stole all attention from the Lumias, why this happen all the time to him, first N9 and now this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
wow...

I just checked out the unretouched picts straight out of the camera (on Nokia Conversations), and wow. Just wow.

I hope Elop was REALLY pissed off when he was told they couldn't debut the technology on WP7, at least not for another year or more...
yeah. im also happy that WP crap is not even capable of handling such lenses nor such MP's.

Loving Symbian again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post: