Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I'm doubtful they'll get decent GPS support, we don't even have this in MeeGo yet and ofono I don't believe is any help here.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Lebanon
i tested nitdroid last night on my n900, still it needs much work
it stops responding every while and still many important features are missing such as phone and camera in addition to improvments in stability issues. i hope that nitdroid will get more attention and will spread more if these issues were taken into consideration...

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Lebanon
i read that if any nitdroid update is available wd will be notified from maemo. but when we update will we loose our data stored in previous nitdroid version?????

I think despite it being a great technical achievement, I don't believe it'll ever be as usable as Maemo or MeeGo on the device. So I'm unlikely to ever install it myself, but keep up the good work guys

4 me it brought back some love in the N900....

Nitdroid is much better now then a few weeks ago.

It's moving at a VERY VERY fast pace.

For now it is NOT my main OS (Till phone works and battery power managment is better) but it's really great that when i want I can boot to Android and back again!

Sure, it's a great feat, but I'm pretty certain it'll never be as feature complete as Maemo is and MeeGo will be. And sprints in development are all very well, but some things just wont ever work. And GPS, unless I'm wrong, is something that makes Android phones that bit more useful That and I'm a bit of a geolocation geek.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@tswindell
Can you please tell us what is your opinion and how you see this. Iīm sooo interested on hearing it once again because I still donīt completely understand. *Grin*

And btw. Last time I checked Nokia phones they had offline maps on them. Sadly N900 has it only by googling and doing some magic. I do not use 3g at all :| so yes Geolocation is fun when off-grid.

Last edited by slender; 2010-08-30 at 12:21.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
@tswindell
Can you please tell us what is your opinion and how you see this. Iīm sooo interested on hearing it once again because I still donīt completely understand. *Grin*

And btw. Last time I checked Nokia phones they had offline maps on them. Sadly N900 has it only by googling and doing some magic. I do not use 3g at all :| so yes Geolocation is fun when off-grid.
Not entirely sure what you mean, but loading maps onto the device is hardly magic. And not having a GPS is a big thing in the land of geolocation, cell towers and wifi hot spots don't really cut it.

I enjoy getting the full telemetry so I know speed, heading etc.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
haha the title made it sound like that the developers are taking over the world

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!