Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
it is not more than a fun project. nitdroid will never be for the masses. stupid headline from stupid engadget

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
what it boiles down to is the lack of apps, as a business looks like nokia is most concern about bringing up a new phone every so many months.

java and a symbian emulator would open this phone up completly.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Heh... I love the fact that Nitdroid is getting the attention it deserves.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Bullcrap , as much as I love Engadet they like to exaggerate things and have misleading yet catchy titles.
So NO it doesnt threatens N9 in any way and its not fully functional (yet)

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
it is not more than a fun project. nitdroid will never be for the masses. stupid headline from stupid engadget
I think it is way more, it gets so much attention with a good reason.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ USA & UK
It's great to see media sources highlighting the work done here by the community and it's members imo. Those that developed it should pat themselves on the back for the progression of the project.

Good work.

On a side note, do people think that the Nitdroid project could be transferable to MeeGo and the N9 ? Meego + Android + N9 ...

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
^^^^^^^ THAT would just ROCK

Originally Posted by Clubberlang View Post
If this thing has vsync (which maemo doesn't) it will be a downright finger in the face to Nokia. As long as maemo lacks vsync it isn't "fully functional" in my opinion. (Unless you can tolerate constant image tearing. To which I ask would you tolerate this on your desktop PC?) /rant
If it gets 3D acceleration at all I will be amazed. Tearing is the least of your concerns at this point, wrt. NITDroid graphics performance.

Originally Posted by ccarter View Post
On a side note, do people think that the Nitdroid project could be transferable to MeeGo and the N9 ? Meego + Android + N9 ...
Android is mutually exclusive to MeeGo. Sure you can have both on the same device, but only one will be running at a time. And nothing from MeeGo will translate over due to the totally different userspaces and graphics subsystems.

Last edited by wmarone; 2010-08-30 at 06:21.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
If it gets 3D acceleration at all I will be amazed. Tearing is the least of your concerns at this point, wrt. NITDroid graphics performance.

Android is mutually exclusive to MeeGo. Sure you can have both on the same device, but only one will be running at a time. And nothing from MeeGo will translate over due to the totally different userspaces and graphics subsystems.
they already have 3d graphics acceleration.

Worst case scenario, this should prompt Nokia to be more proactive and take their committment to developing a solid OS more seriously.