It fell about 2-3 feet onto the rug. It bounced one way and the stylus flew the other way. Luckily it did not hit the tile. Sweating bullets, I started it up...everything seems to be OK. I had wondered how it would survive a fall...didn't really want to find out this way. Whew!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Lucky you. My oldest son accidentally sent my N810 flying from my hand and down a concrete driveway. Fortunately, other than scuffs, it survived well.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
I dropped my Palm Z71 to a sharp corner screen first. It was a horrible sight :/ After that I've always used cases with a flap protecting the screen.

I dropped mine onto a hard floor about a month ago and ever since then it has had an occasional reboot issue. It reboots while being charged sometimes. This problem just returned as I mentioned in another thread. The kickstand was also broken off when this happened . I haven't been able to find a new kickstand. Anybody know of a place to buy a new one?
Neil

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Knightdale, NC
I dropped mine while I was walking and kicked it when I took the next step. Still works, but will it blend?

I dropped mine and broke the kick stand. Still wondering how/where to buy a replacement.

Originally Posted by dburr10085 View Post
I dropped mine while I was walking and kicked it when I took the next step. Still works, but will it blend?
Bummer man! Of course you just had to kick it too, right? Blend?

Neil

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by sungrove View Post
Blend?
You're behind on your Internet there Neil.

http://www.willitblend.com/

Hilarious stuff.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
I know this is bordering on blasphemy...but I just sent in a request to blend the N810, hehe.

/hides

I accidentally dropped my N800 on the floor several times due to the slippery pouch it comes with, until my spine eventually learned to unconsciously avoid bending too far if the N800+pouch is in the jacket pocket. Fortunately the N800 survived it all.