Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ manchester
Hi I bought a N900 from the nokia store should I be able to recieve The new firmware 3.2010.02-8 now or is it down to the fact I live in the UK which means I have to wait like the rest of those who recieved there phones from vodaphone UK. I say this because I havent been able to see the firmware available. Thanks for your responce guys.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
Go to Menu->Settings->About Product
See the version there. Thats your firmware version.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Also ... check the 130 page thread that is discussing just this - here
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ manchester
Thanks Its currently at 2.2009.51 so does that mean I need to just sit still and wait like everybody else in the uk for the latest update. I thought it might be just those who bought direct from vodaphone.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by gus View Post
Thanks Its currently at 2.2009.51 so does that mean I need to just sit still and wait like everybody else in the uk for the latest update. I thought it might be just those who bought direct from vodaphone.
choices you have are :

1) Wait for the update... (Looking likely to be late feb/early march, Still a rumour though)

2) Use flasher, and flash your device to the generic version (I did mine yesterday).
For more info on the flasher, visit the community link, then wiki, then search for flasher
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Suffolk, UK
Thanks noobmonkey, saves me posting my information in every similar thread

Although, in reflection I could have used this post to copy it in!!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ hampshire
gus, am in same boat as you. Got my handset from Nokia store. Am just going to wait patiently lol. I can still do everything I need to at the moment