Notices

the content is the same as mentioned....

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by rasik_35 View Post
it worked but do i have to use this code everytime to launch the program
Which one actually worked?

Code:
sudo run-standalone.sh /opt/usr/bin/nepcal
or

Code:
run-standalone.sh /opt/usr/bin/nepcal
previously I wrote the second one, may be you tried that one which I later edited and added sudo. Sudo is required to be able to edit and save the preference file. If second one was what you tried worked then get rootsh from repository. It should work then. If first one worked from x-term then I have no idea what went wrong, basically clicking on menu and typing first command should do the same thing.

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Which one actually worked?

Code:
sudo run-standalone.sh /opt/usr/bin/nepcal
or

Code:
run-standalone.sh /opt/usr/bin/nepcal
previously I wrote the second one, may be you tried that one which I later edited and added sudo. Sudo is required to be able to edit and save the preference file. If second one was what you tried worked then get rootsh from repository. It should work then. If first one worked from x-term then I have no idea what went wrong, basically clicking on menu and typing first command should do the same thing.
i already have root enabled. when i entered the code with sudo it asked for a password...what the hell is going on

How are you assuming that you already have root enabled? If you have fapman, check the installed package list (all category including hidden libraries), I think you don't think you would see rootsh there.

If its asking for password while doing sudo then maybe you have some other app such as sudoser or something but not rootsh. Geto rootsh and problem should be solved.

i do have rootsh. this time when i typed apt-get install rootsh it says rootsh is already the newest version. it means that rootsh is already installed, doesn't it?

i still can't believe i can't use it easily. the app looks get when i opened with the code ( without sudo of course). congrats.... when's ur gre? best of luck....

Last edited by rasik_35; 2011-07-28 at 08:14.

For now what you should do is get leafpad and open the .desktop file with leafpad and remove the sudo from the code. That way the app should work but it won't be able to save preferences.

Oh wait, you won't be able to do anything without root access, the .desktop file can't be saved. I don't know what to suggest.

My guess is you are missing dependencies that is causing rootsh not to work properly, if rootsh was installed properly it wouldn't ask for password while trying to execute any command with root access and checking for missing dependencies would require you root access:

apt-get -f install
or
apt-get check

etc can't be executed without root.

Few more ways I am aware of is to transfer edited .desktop file using putty or filezilla but that would need mad developer and I guess it depends upton rootsh or alike.

I would say remove rootsh and reinstall it using application manager.