Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I have installed Qt CREATOR 2.0.1 based on sep 9 2010 at 14:27:59 installed in winxp. I followed the instruction/tutorial thoroughly to compile battery indicator. There are two lines of errors that comes while compiling deb file.
Code:
Package Creation: Running command 'dh_gencontrol'.
c:\nokiaqtsdk\maemo\4.6.2\madbin\dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
c:\nokiaqtsdk\maemo\4.6.2\madbin\dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
Package Creation: Running command 'dh_md5sums'.
Now if I tried to install the app directly it says incompatible package but can be installed from x term. But after installation, there is no sign of the app in the menu, I have tried few other projects but same result. BTW the qt I have has pr 1.2 as target, due to slow internet, I am not being able to get new version of qt. I just hope there's a work around to get working deb for pr1.3 albeit buggy.

Any idea to make it work? without downloading new qt which is almost a GB in size.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Hi,

see my problem in:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66164

I think you got the same.
SOLUTION install-manager:
The app manager will only install apps from within the user section. You need to change the "Section" entry in your control file to "user/multimedia" for app manager to handle it.

SOLUTION icons:
you have to create sub-folder containing your ICON.png
your_project_0.0.x_armel/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/qvdremote.png
(it worked for me)

...so change it in the 'control' -file and add the png to those subfolders!

regards schasch

Last edited by schasch; 2010-12-06 at 06:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to schasch For This Useful Post:
after changing the control file how do you re-create the .deb file that Q created?

Ok you have to navigate to your folder with the project in it. and use the command "dch -i what ever message you want in the changelog for the update".
Then rebuild the package with the orginal command you used to build the package dpkg-buildpackage.

This is what to do if your going to upload to the repository. you must keep the old files and new files.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamie721 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post: