Add a compass for augmented reality?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by maniacattack View Post
As for why i put "Or Android" well if its good enough for the father of linux Linus Torvalds & the fact it has google behind it is all something to keep in mind.
Linus Torvalds doesn't really matter, does he? He is the master of self marketing. Somebody else brought free software to the world.

Plus: Right, the company behind Android is Google. So... Never touch an Android phone!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I just came back and i could have swore i put meamo 5 in there but it wasnt so yeah i edited it & i agree meamo 5 is the best multitasking os out there.
As for why i put "Or Android" well if its good enough for the father of linux Linus Torvalds & the fact it has google behind it is all something to keep in mind.
I disagree, the fact it's backed by google is a reason against it, adverts, they own all your data ... As for Linus, well, I suppose as he actually only does Linux kernel work he deserves a platform that basically is just that, rather than a full GNU & FOSS software platform.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I just came back and i could have swore i put meamo 5 in there but it wasnt so yeah i edited it & i agree meamo 5 is the best multitasking os out there.
Yeah, it's good to keep in mind that Google has access to your data and it's not Linux. Android is not the solution for Nokia, nor to the members of this community, that have even the slightest sense of why the N900 exists (unlike most of the NITDroid-fans, who just ***** about the Maemo and missing features from NITDroid itself). Sure, there are users here who want to have the NITDroid on N900 (as did I) but for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would want that garbage OS to his/her phone. Sure, the UI is nice and there's apps but that's about it. Heck, if you can't even multitask properly without installing another app that's a deal-breaker, at least for me.

Android can **** off for all I care. I'd rather take Symbian(^3 or whatever it's called nowadays) from the current OS's (MeeGo in the future, of course).

PS: Please point out source to the claim, that Torvalds prefers Android. I find it hard to believe. There has to be some sort of brainwash going on in there, we Finns are not that stupid, eh?

EDIT: Found it. Damn. What has he done? Linux.com - Happy Camper

Last edited by rantom; 2011-01-16 at 14:54. Reason: Typos and missing words. No more editing... after this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
forget the 3000mah battery.
and the rest is already coming

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I actually agree, I'd definitely rather use Symbian over any of the other mobile OS offerings.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Put in 1gb of lols into it and we're all set.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
and than they ask, why people are so rude to me in the forum. but one stupid thread comes after another.

seriously, the next generation n900, there is no more n900, but you confuse people with thread title. those specs you want to get and you are asking Nokia to make one phone specially for you, how about you go and kill yourself. it's not Santa Claus wish list, it's community maemo forum.

the only reason I'd ever have Android on my phone is if am letting somebody else play with it, since I know most people will screw with the over-clocking application and hey presto one dead N900

Several posts have been removed and infraction warnings sent.

Please, if the thread has been started in english, reply in english so the conversation can be more constructive.

Thanks.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:

Tags
obersturmfüher